• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

not gun related

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

My very rash, impulsive, and emotionally idiotic stepdaughter has yet again decided to do something that is going to cause her major issues in her life.

She has decided that it is preferrable to leave the state of Texas, with a person waiting to appear in court for burglary charges stemming from robbing my house, and move to Tacoma with this individual.

All of my talking of aiding and abetting, dropping out of school, and other various hardships have gone unheeded and this immature 18 year old is leaving on tuesday morning.

It will only be a matter of time before she finds herself alone by being dumped and unemployed and hopefully she will call back here to come home, however, my dilemma rises by not knowing anyone personally in Tacoma that would provide her safe transit to an airport and airline gate when that time comes.

It may never come, but if it does, my wife and I would greatly appreciate anyone responding to a plea of help at that time.

Mods, I know this is off topic, but it would be appreciated by my family to not remove this post for the sake of an idiot child.

Thank you.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I would be willing to help her get to Sea Tac if needs be. There are a lot of social safety nets in this part of the world.

I'm sorry to hear of your problems. I am a sucker for trying to help folks... Good luck.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
My very rash, impulsive, and emotionally idiotic stepdaughter has yet again decided to do something that is going to cause her major issues in her life.

She has decided that it is preferrable to leave the state of Texas, with a person waiting to appear in court for burglary charges stemming from robbing my house, and move to Tacoma with this individual.

All of my talking of aiding and abetting, dropping out of school, and other various hardships have gone unheeded and this immature 18 year old is leaving on tuesday morning.

It will only be a matter of time before she finds herself alone by being dumped and unemployed and hopefully she will call back here to come home, however, my dilemma rises by not knowing anyone personally in Tacoma that would provide her safe transit to an airport and airline gate when that time comes.

It may never come, but if it does, my wife and I would greatly appreciate anyone responding to a plea of help at that time.

Mods, I know this is off topic, but it would be appreciated by my family to not remove this post for the sake of an idiot child.

Thank you.

An 18 yr. old daughter you say? hmmmm....:celebrate

OK, just kidding....

I've been there myself, having made poor decisions in my youth (hey, I'm only 25 but it seems so long ago ;) ), If she needs help, wether it's a couch to crash on for a few nights, or a trip to the airport, I'll help out if/when I can.

I'll get you my cell if need be. Shoot me a PM if you need it.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Thank you to all who have offered assistance. It appears we may have a bit more time before she does this foolish action. Her father has offered her a sum of money and assistance to move IF she will just finish her schooling. I don't agree, but what can I do as a stepfather. Again, thanks to all and I will update as this changes.