Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: The Alabama Firearm Rights Association: Update!

  1. #1
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Troy, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    Well everyone, the Alabama Firearm Rights Association really seems to be taking off.... FINALLY!

    http://www.alabamafirearmrights.org

    We've got some new links put up on the (still somewhat temporary) homepage, but best of all, our forum is up and running!

    That said, I personally will be spending less time here at OCDO, but I, hopefully like all of our members at ALFRA, will still be here too. Just not as much .

    I want to thank everyone that worked on getting the project running. Also like to thank Grapeshot for being the third party that kept poking us in the butt with a cattle prod trying to make us do something! Thanks to whoever set up the IRC channel for OCDO as that is how we have been doing most of our organizing.

    I'd also just mainly like to thank, on behalf of all of the ALFRA founders, the creators and members of OCDO for giving us a place to come together with our common ideas and form our own project: a very much needed pro 2a organization in the State of Alabama.

    Thanks again OCDO!

    Andrew Mathis
    Co-founder ALFRA

  2. #2
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , Alabama, USA
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post

    vmathis12019 wrote:
    I want to thank everyone that worked on getting the project running. Also like to thank Grapeshot for being the third party that kept poking us in the butt with a cattle prod trying to make us do something! Thanks to whoever set up the IRC channel for OCDO as that is how we have been doing most of our organizing.

    I'd also just mainly like to thank, on behalf of all of the ALFRA founders, the creators and members of OCDO for giving us a place to come together with our common ideas and form our own project: a very much needed pro 2a organization in the State of Alabama.

    Thanks again OCDO!

    Andrew Mathis
    Co-founder ALFRA
    I'd like to second that...without Mike and John providing OCDO, this may never have happened. And Grapshot, thank you for the proding good sir...just keep that pointy stick around, we may need it again
    Everyone here is offered a warm welcome to drop by our little piece of cyberspace...just as we all have received from the members here at OCDO.
    I am by no means leaving OCDO but, as Andrew pointed out, we do have work to do here "In the Heart of Dixie"

    Thanks again guys!

    Rick Henderson
    ALFRA Co-founder

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    Incorporate it and publicize your board of directors and the officers they appoint. Put together an email list (you can use a free email account at Google "Gmail" until you exceed 600 members, just remember to hide the addresses) and start some specific, limited projects that are not outside of your budget or ability.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    18

    Post imported post

    So is there some where on the website about how to join, or are y'all just trying to keep it small...LOL!

    Seriously...I looked all over the site and nary a place to join.



    GW

  5. #5
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , Alabama, USA
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post

    gwagner wrote:
    So is there some where on the website about how to join, or are y'all just trying to keep it small...LOL!

    Seriously...I looked all over the site and nary a place to join.

    GW
    Go here http://forum.alabamagunrights.org/ to join our forum...we hope to become better organized as an organization soon.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    Comp-tech wrote:
    gwagner wrote:
    So is there some where on the website about how to join, or are y'all just trying to keep it small...LOL!

    Seriously...I looked all over the site and nary a place to join.

    GW
    Go here http://forum.alabamagunrights.org/ to join our forum...we hope to become better organized as an organization soon.
    How are you coming along on "shall issue?" Do you have a sponsor yet? Working on it? Asked anybody?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    797

    Post imported post

    It's a long story. I've stopped working on an actual organization formed as a npcorp as I was the only one working on it.

    I had to give up a lot of work on non-school studies (not just alfra, but also programming projects and even range trips) because I had a terrible case of insomnia that was driving me (literally) insane. I can actually sleep at around 2330 now instead of 0300-0500 like before...

    Anyways, someone else is going to have to take charge. I can help along the way... I'm still willing to do site admin, or even write up legal documents and such. I just don't want to do everything alone!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    kurtmax_0 wrote:
    It's a long story. I've stopped working on an actual organization formed as a npcorp as I was the only one working on it.

    I had to give up a lot of work on non-school studies (not just alfra, but also programming projects and even range trips) because I had a terrible case of insomnia that was driving me (literally) insane. I can actually sleep at around 2330 now instead of 0300-0500 like before...

    Anyways, someone else is going to have to take charge. I can help along the way... I'm still willing to do site admin, or even write up legal documents and such. I just don't want to do everything alone!
    Well, where are all you Alabama people?

    Your mission is really simple. You have to change one word in the law, "may," into "shall," with no other changes in the law.

    Since Alabama is "do" issue, this ought to be straightforward. The Sheriffs will scream, because it removes all the restrictions they put on the license, but why should an Alabaman have restrictions on his license when I, as a Georgian, have no such restriction when visiting Alabama?



    Who ever heard of a state law that discriminates against its own residents?



    Really, this should be a no brainer for your General Assembly, but you need to get started right now.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    797

    Post imported post

    Oh and vmathis was working on a few things but I think he joined the military or something!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alabama, ,
    Posts
    1,338

    Post imported post

    No brainer, that doesn't even begin to describe the yahoo's running the state house.

    The problem is that they wouldn't change one word, it would be three words...
    "Shall issue gun permit" will becaome "Will issue new taxes". before it gets signed into law.
    They don't pass anything that doesn't rob the citizens. In this state
    even public hearings are irrelivent, they just change it after committee writes it up
    the way public wants while walkng down the hall it missteriously changes
    to the opposite anyways. How did that happen, we don't know, but it passed.

    It is the sole reason we can't change our constitution... They would just rewrite it to be worse for taxpayer than it is now.

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , Illinois, USA
    Posts
    778

    Post imported post

    kurtmax_0 wrote:
    Oh and vmathis was working on a few things but I think he joined the military or something!
    Amazing how many of these grass roots efforts just fizzle out after a while.

    The amount of effort required to keep them going is way beyond what one or two people can sustain for any length of time. Usually what happens is the work just goes to waste because when they lose interest in the project, there is no one there ready to take up the slack, often becasue the founder is unwilling to "share power".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •