• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC lunch in Spokane

Dave The Welder

imported post

I say it's time to stop talking about a lunch in Spokane and get one rolling. Let's figure out a time and place. Next weekend works good for me. Anybody interested?

fetch

imported post

Dave, how is the new Kennewick police station going? Wouldn't want you to come up here for nothing. surfj9009 wrote he wants to get in on this also but will be out of town a couple more weeks. I also have some people interested. The Kalico Kitchen, on north division st., a while back had some speakers on the 1st amendment at lunch time. Could be a location, mediocre food, mediocre service, usually busy.

steelcoreap

imported post

I'm down for a meeting in Spokane. My weekends are usually pretty free, though like I said to Dave today I'm not totally sure about this weekend. Lets get this going though for sure.
Kevin

Dave The Welder

imported post

The weekend is almost here. That's get a head count of everybody who can make it to the Spokane lunch and then see if we should do it or hold off on it for another weekend when more people can attend. The Kalico Kitchen could be a place to eat. I was thinking about the Red Robin downtown. Great food, lots and lots of people. I'd only want to do Red Robin if there was going to be more than two of us. Safety in numbers, right?

surfj9009

imported post

Hey guys. I just flew into town today. I still want to do this for sure. Next weekend would be best for me. I always need a few days to relax when I get off the ship. I do love red robin too, and there's that starbucks next door too.

surfj9009

imported post

bad news. I checked red robins team member handbook. My gf is a bartender at one here in town. I quote from her handbook:
"in the interest of providing a safe workplacethat is free from violence, red robin strictly prohibits team members, guests, vendors or anyone else from possesing weapons regardless of whether or not the person is licensed to carry the weapon"

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hey All Spokaners!Spokanians? Spokanoids? Whatever...lol... Well, since my wife is a Travelling Occupational Therapist, we're trying to get up to Spokane Valley after Reno (her sister lives there). We'rein Reno ona 3 month contract and are trying to get there in June. If not, another 3 months here then try again in Septemberfor the second leg of the Cavalcante West Coast Open-Carry Tour 2008!

Oh, WRT Red Robin, we had more than a few places like that in VA where the corporate policy was "no firearms", but the management was pro-gun and allowed it. (shhhh!)Knowing it's not allowed isn't the same as being told to leave, but you'll have to decide to show up there or not. In the future, I would say show up at a place and only leave if asked and even then only after you've spoken to and got the name of the manager. THEN put them on the Spokane Gun-Unfriendly list!

surfj9009

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Oh, WRT Red Robin, we had more than a few places like that in VA where the corporate policy was "no firearms", but the management was pro-gun and allowed it. (shhhh!)Knowing it's not allowed isn't the same as being told to leave, but you'll have to decide to show up there or not. In the future, I would say show up at a place and only leave if asked and even then only after you've spoken to and got the name of the manager. THEN put them on the Spokane Gun-Unfriendly list!

I'm all for it. I do love their burgers. And there are plenty of places to go downtown within walking distance if we are asked to leave. I'm trying to get my girl to OC with me someday too.

A hot chick OC'ing will definitely turn some heads!! She won't do it at her work though.:cry:

Dave The Welder

imported post

Steelcoreap can't make it this weekend but I think that he can next and next weekend would work better for surfj9009 so I'm thinking we should plan on holding off one weekend and doing it next Saturday. What do you guys think? This Saturday or next?
Also, I think that we should steer clear of Red Robin. We know their policy so that's respect it. Even if the local manager is gun friendly, we're still supporting a company that is against basic individual rights by eating there.

surfj9009

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
Steelcoreap can't make it this weekend but I think that he can next and next weekend would work better for surfj9009 so I'm thinking we should plan on holding off one weekend and doing it next Saturday.  What do you guys think?  This Saturday or next?
Also, I think that we should steer clear of Red Robin.  We know their policy so that's respect it.  Even if the local manager is gun friendly, we're still supporting a company that is against basic individual rights by eating there. 
I agree. I am sitting here now eating though and visiting my gf. I may have to seriously consider this issue. Next weekend or the one after works better for me.

Dave The Welder

imported post

Let's move it to next Saturday, March 1st then. Now, back to the topic of where to eat. I've already heard the Kalico Kitchen may be a good location. Surfj9009, any thoughts on where to eat? The busier, the better.

just_a_car

imported post

Hm, I may have to eat at Red Robin's tonight to see if they have a sign on the entry stating that policy. Will I OC? Sure will!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go up into the bar area where I normally go and get much better service and quicker food. Eh... we all must make sacrifices. ;-)

If they have signage, I'll have them on the list post-haste.

...still waiting for a mod to sticky it so I don't have to keep going back in the posts to find it and edit the list.

surfj9009

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
Let's move it to next Saturday, March 1st then. Now, back to the topic of where to eat. I've already heard the Kalico Kitchen may be a good location. Surfj9009, any thoughts on where to eat? The busier, the better.

Well, I think there will be many more people out and about downtown on a Saturday. If we are asked to leave somewhere, there are plenty of places within walking distance. I prefer Cyrus O'learys because they have awesome ribs, and the Steelhead Grill is great too, but I am not sure if they are exclusively 21 and over or not. Of course the Olive Garden is always busy too.

Only problem with downtown is parking. No cost on Sundays at the meters. Saturday will be tricky for street parking because it is so busy. I'm thinking somewhere downtown would gather a lot of visibility just from guys walking from their cars to the restaurant though.

So I say saturday, coffee at Starbucks across from Riverpark Square and then stroll a couple blocks to Cyrus O'Learys!! But if we go to the Olive Garden instead, there is always a wait on the weekend, which promotes people lingering around in the lobby and waiting for a seat. Might be a good chance for some conversation with those who are less enlightened.:lol:

What do you guys think?

Dave The Welder

imported post

We could solve the parking problem by meeting up somewhere else and then packing into one or two vehicles to head downtown. That way we avoid most of the parking hassle and also an unlikely, but possible, "picking off" by the police while walking alone on our way to lunch.

We could meet up before lunch for some shopping on Division St. I'd love to hit up the Army surplus store if it's still there, the White Elephant, and Axel Raven Co, assuming that nobody has been asked to leave any of these for OCing. We could then pack into as few vehicles as possible and head downtown for Starbucks and lunch.

All that's left is too finalize where to eat. We should have a backup place to eat as well just in case we're asked to leave. What do you think about Cyrus O'learys as our first choice with the Steelhead grill as our second? Would somebody check the Steelhead Grill this week and make sure that it's not 21 and over.

surfj9009

imported post

Your right. We should meet up and go together, so as not to get picked off. good thinking. I've never done an OC meet or lunch or anything, so I am grateful for any advice/experience people can provide.

I OC'd Axel Raven Co. today, saleman asked if i like my XD. He had to have known I had it cocked with one in the chamber. No problem at all with him or the other salesman so they are def OC friendly. Had a nice talk about the M82A1 Barrett they had on the counter. Gonna see Axel on Monday about hosting the WA Gun Rights pamplet.

Called steelhead and they said they are 21 and older after 9pm, family spot during the day.

I think my buddy and maybe another might OC with us next Saturday, so I am pretty confidant I can bring 1 person along and maybe 2 if I am lucky.

Dave The Welder

imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
...the M82A1 Barrett they had on the counter...
:shock: What was that?!?! Axel Raven Co is definitely going to be a stopping point for me while I'm in town now.

So far I have Steelcoreap and one friend; fetch and possibly one friend; surfj909, his gf, and possibly 2 friends; and myself. That means that if everything goes perfect, we have 9. I'll fish around here and see if I can't convince one of my CCing friends here in Pullman to join the dark side for a weekend and come up with me.

fetch

imported post

Just a couple of notes. Mar 1st would be good. Yes the army surplus store is still on division and buckeye. Bust Buy Surplus on sprague ave. has been bought and they are looking to get a firearms license. Jim Craven is quiting as city attorney. We will have a temp. for a while. Just a question, how many people does it take to be an "armed body of men" in Washington?

surfj9009

imported post

fetch wrote:
Just a question, how many people does it take to be an "armed body of men" in Washington?
Not sure about that one.

And my GF will NOT OC with us. Sorry about the confusion. Her house was recently broken into though, and she will be getting her CPL soon. I think it will only be a matter of time before she will OC with me, but she needs time to develop a comfort with just plain old CC first.

I do have 1 friend for sure that I know does OC on occasion, and I mentioned to him the lunch and he seemed to want to come along. My other friend was uncertain but I'll keep working on him. He doesn't even CC, but he wants to. To him, it's about defending his home, not exercising his rights.

So without my GF and only one bud, that makes 8.