• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC lunch in Spokane

Dave The Welder

imported post

fetch wrote:
Just a question, how many people does it take to be an "armed body of men" in Washington?
Maybe we can get Lonnie in on this one but it has never been a problem before; I suspect that it only applies to somebody imploying an "armed body of men", not an "armed body of men" eating lunch at the same place.

fetch

imported post

Sorry, BEST Buy Surplus on sprague ave. The Hooters story made my mind wander. Anyway, a few weeks ago, mid January?, Hooters had a shooting in their parking lot. Some moron who was later cought in Idaho. I guess they would be nervous.
This weekend they had 38 cops respond to a bar fight. I think they (the cops) will be on edge.

surfj9009

imported post

I guess I was out of town when that happened. Well, those are just 2 more reasons why they are on my do not patronize list.

Kind of off topic, but my GF dad was telling me that he will never go to Hooters again either. He was in one in Florida a while back and there was male waiter (waitress?) wearing the Hooters girl outfit!! He said it ruined his appetite for their food for the rest of his life, which I completely understand.

i'm all for Equal Opportunity and anti discrimination policies, but come on, seriously.

GodGunsGlory

imported post

Oh man! Im out in New York right now working. I fly in late Friday night and have to go to my nephews birthday party at noon on Sat. I would love to go to the next one though!!

I'll let Chad know too!

Dave The Welder

imported post

GodGunsGlory wrote:
I fly in late Friday night and have to go to my nephews birthday party at noon on Sat. I would love to go to the next one though!!
If you have time, swing by in the morning before your nephews birthday party when we're hitting up the shops on Division St. It would give you a chance to meet a few of us even if you can't make lunch.

Of course, what would be cooler than for Uncle GodGunsGlory to take his favorite nephew out to an OC lunch where he'd get too watch a bunch of his new friends be harassed by the police? :lol:

surfj9009

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
Of course, what would be cooler than for Uncle GodGunsGlory to take his favorite nephew out to an OC lunch where he'd get too watch a bunch of his new friends be harassed by the police? :lol:
HAHA. That's funny.
Sadly though, you may not be too far from the truth. :celebrate

Dave The Welder

imported post

Does anybody have a voice recorder that they'd be willing to bring along on our outing? I don't plan on having any trouble, but considering that we are instituting the first mass OC outing in a new city, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

As far as the schedule goes, I'm thinking that we should meet up for coffee at a Starbucks on Division around 9. From there, we can hit all the stores up and down Division until noon, at which point we can pick a parking lot to meet up at for everybody that's only showing up for lunch, and then caravan downtown for lunch at Cyrus O'learys with the Steelhead grill as backup. Does this plan work for everybody?

surfj9009

imported post

I'll have a voice recorder. I've been shopping around for one and I'll pick one up by Saturday. Maybe we can all meet at the parking lot of staples at division and foothills before driving downtown. They were good to me when I oc'ed there the other day. I think your plan sounds good, even though 9 is a bit early for me. If that time is good for most it will work for me. Which starbucks on division? The one across from the Army surplus store? Anybody here homebrew? The guys at jims homebrew know me pretty well, so I might stop in. I've never oc'ed there yet.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Go to Radio Shack... for $27.00 get this recorder. The Olympus digital recorder #VN3100. It has great fidelity and is quite sensitive. Also has a plug in for a lavalier mike.

Attachments

• recorder 001.jpg
    recorder 001.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 236

Dave The Welder

imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
I think your plan sounds good, even though 9 is a bit early for me. If that time is good for most it will work for me.
That's shoot for 9:30 instead of 9 then. I figure that we're going to kill at least 45 minutes over coffee and I just want to make sure I have 1 1/2 to 2 hours to shop before we go to lunch.

Which starbucks on division? The one across from the Army surplus store? Anybody here homebrew? The guys at jims homebrew know me pretty well, so I might stop in. I've never oc'ed there yet
I'll leave all this up to you. If you want to try a different coffe shop, then we'll go there, otherwise just pick the Starbucks that's the most convienent. As long as they serve coffee, I'll be happy.

Trigger Dr, thanks for the info. I remember a post about 6 months ago on voice recorders, but I hadn't had the time yet to go digging for it. I'll pick one up today.

surfj9009

imported post

Thanks Trigger Dr. I picked that one up today along with the mic. I'm glad I got it today, it will give me a few days to get used to using it and fuinding the best way to wear it. As much as I have been wanting to OC everywhere, I really do need to take it with me everytime I leave the house.

Dave, I was not suggesting somewhere else for coffee. Sorry for the confusion. Starbucks works fine for me, so lets meet at the one on Division and Foothills, across from the Army Surplus.

Jim's homebrew is a supply store for people who brew their own beer and make wine. It is right next door to the Army Surplus store, so I was just mentioning it in case there is any homebrewer's or folks interested in homebrew.

I like my coffee, and since we will be starting the day early, I will be at Starbucks at 9. There are a good amount of places to shop near there, so the extra time could be very useful. We have Axel Raven Co., Brocks Gunsmithing, the General Store (who sadly does not sell guns anymore but has reloading stuff and ammo), the White Elephant, Army Surplus.

I know for a fact that ARC and the General Store are OC friendly.

We should cement a time to meet up before caravaning downtown to eat. Suggestions?

Additionally, as an interesting lunch topic, I am putting together some materials for the open forum session of the city council meeting on Monday night regarding issuing a training bulletin for OC. I'll bring a copy along to see if you guys have ideas or input.

surfj9009

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
surfj9009 wrote:
Thanks Trigger Dr. I picked that one up today along with the mic.
Did the mic come with it or was that extra?
It was extra.

I actually got the VN-4100, which may be overkill, but it has a USB port for direct download to a pc, rather than having to use a analog cable. I paid $50 for it, and the tie clip mic was $25.

surfj9009

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
Where did you pick yours up at?
I went to the Radio Shack on Francis. They had the recorder but not the mic at Staples also, but the recorder was ten dollars cheaper on sale right now at Radio Shack

BobR

imported post

I will be busy this Sat but will be up for the next one.

Sat, March the 1st is the annual Friends of the NRA banquet. It is at the Red Lion Inn at the Park.

Tickets are 35.00 for dinner. More for raffle tickets, chances at guns, etc. There will not be any ticket sales at the door.

The contact I have for this is Eric Hill @ (509) 468-0927

Feel free to join us for a night of great food, great company and the chance to win a gun or two. There is also a live and silent auction.

Mods: If you feel this post is inappropriate, please delete.

bob

Dave The Welder

imported post

I just got my voice recorder the other day as did steelcoreap. We're going to be the most wired group out there. Would somebody post the address for the Starbucks where we're meeting at for all of us coming in from out of town?

The plan still stands that we're going to meet at Starbucks at 9 for coffee, travel from there to do some shopping, meet up at the Staples parking lot on Division at noon and head downtown for lunch.

Dave The Welder

imported post

Steelcoreap, a friend of his, and myself will all be coming up from Pullman. I'll see if I can get another friend to come along, but at any rate, at least three of us will be there with you. Could we get a head count one last time to see how many people are showing up?