Thread: legal to open carry in Alexandria?

Post imported post

Does anyone know where I can find where it says that it is legal to open carry? I want to print it out and carry it with me at all times. I have looked and looked and cannot find it. I'm a young woman and I'm not comfortable in the city any longer without my weapon on me. I also cannot afford the concealed carry class and the permit. The gun was a present. I appreciate any help!!

Colette Brossette

Post imported post

cabrossette wrote:
    Does anyone know where I can find where it says that it is legal to open carry? I want to print it out and carry it with me at all times. I have looked and looked and cannot find it. I'm a young woman and I'm not comfortable in the city any longer without my weapon on me. I also cannot afford the concealed carry class and the permit. The gun was a present. I appreciate any help!!

Colette Brossette

You are asking the wrong question.

Can anyone show me where it says it's legal to wear a red shirt on Tuesday? Or where it says it's legal to eat hotdogs?

Laws are not written to make something legal, they are only written to make something illegal. If it is not specifically made illegal in the Laws of the State, then it is by default a perfectly legal activity.

However, the following postshows opinions from the Louisiana Attorney General which reference the Louisiana Supreme Court decision that open carry is indeed legal.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum26/926.html