• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry in mich

WARCHILD

imported post

I recently found out about your website. I hope this is the right venue for this topic, if not I am sorry. I live in owosso mich. I got my ccw in may of '04. Like I was taught, I fought with the means to carry my pistol concealed. It's a Taurus pt92, not exactly a small firearm, but I like having 18 rounds to answer with! Anyway, after 8 months of research I find out Mich has been an open carry state since 1981! You need a ccw for concealment only. I have this confirmed, in writing from the Mich State Police office in Lansing and from the Attorney General of Mich. I contacted the man I took my ccw training with and told him about it and to my suprise-- THE INSTRUCTORS ARE STILL TOLD TO TEACH, THE PISTOL MUST BE CONCEALED!--- W R O N G!!! --- I have been trying to get the word out any way I can for the last 2 yrs. so I appreciate your posting if you would do so. Anyone with questions, please feel free to email me, and I will respond. There are many more "GREY AREAS" in our Mich law that I have found answers to also. Thanks so very much. WARCHILD-- LOCKED AND LOADED!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
I recently found out about your website. I hope this is the right venue for this topic, if not I am sorry. I live in owosso mich. I got my ccw in may of '04. Like I was taught, I fought with the means to carry my pistol concealed. It's a Taurus pt92, not exactly a small firearm, but I like having 18 rounds to answer with! Anyway, after 8 months of research I find out Mich has been an open carry state since 1981! You need a ccw for concealment only. I have this confirmed, in writing from the Mich State Police office in Lansing and from the Attorney General of Mich. I contacted the man I took my ccw training with and told him about it and to my suprise-- THE INSTRUCTORS ARE STILL TOLD TO TEACH, THE PISTOL MUST BE CONCEALED!--- W R O N G!!! --- I have been trying to get the word out any way I can for the last 2 yrs. so I appreciate your posting if you would do so. Anyone with questions, please feel free to email me, and I will respond. There are many more "GREY AREAS" in our Mich law that I have found answers to also. Thanks so very much. WARCHILD-- LOCKED AND LOADED!

Welcome to the site. You should check out the Michigan page for specific topics related to your state. Many of these comments you posted are discussed in more detail there. There are several on the Michigan page that are trying to do just that, educating the public and LOE's on open carry. Check it out.

Cheers, Brian

WARCHILD

imported post

Thank you, glad to be aboard, I'll check out the mich page, along with the rest of the site. haven't looked through it all just yet. thanks for the info