• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saslaw's comments (reprise)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

What I sent to the Governor, given that Saslaw didn't answer, my senator (Toddy Puller) didn't answer, and my delegate (Amundson) basically said "shut up and color; I'm not doing anything."

"Sen Dick Saslaw made comments disparaging his (and your) constituents on 21 January. Sen Saslaw has been called to task, and has refused to apologize. I contacted my delegate, Kris Amundson, who made excuses for him. I contacted my senator, Toddy Puller, who as usual has not responded.

Sen Saslaw's remarks likening his constituents to "half the cast of Deliverance" - and his subsequent "well, maybe I was talking about the other side" argument - indicate the indifference with which Sen Saslaw holds the citizens of this Commonwealth.

As leader, you can push Sen Saslaw to do more. The minimum acceptable action is an apology to the citizens of Virginia for the way in which he refers to them.
I expect no less of our leadership. I believe Sen Saslaw should resign his leadership position, but I've been in Virginia long enough to know that won't happen. An apology, though unlikely heartfelt, is expected."

I seriously doubt this will get results either. I simply didn't want the thing to die yet.

possumboy

imported post

Tess wrote:
I contacted my senator, Toddy Puller, who as usual has not responded.

I have the same problem. Until I wrote a letter stating I have never been so ignored by my representative did I get a response.

Maybe we should send her another message stating that unless she starts responding, we will vote for whoever runs against her. And push the Republicans and Libertarians to run someone against her.

Neplusultra

imported post

possumboy wrote:
Tess wrote:

I have the same problem. Until I wrote a letter stating I have never been so ignored by my representative did I get a response.

Maybe we should send her another message stating that unless she starts responding, we will vote for whoever runs against her. And push the Republicans and Libertarians to run someone against her.
She probably figures you already are voting against her. I tell you what though, I used the ol' "I've voted Republican for 30 years, since I was 18, and if you vote for this (fill in blank) bill I will not only vote for your next opponent, whoever he is, I will support him financially, something I've never done." That gets a response. But you actually have to had voted them :^).

possumboy

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
possumboy wrote:
Tess wrote:

She probably figures you already are voting against her. I tell you what though, I used the ol' "I've voted Republican for 30 years, since I was 18, and if you vote for this (fill in blank) bill I will not only vote for your next opponent, whoever he is, I will support him financially, something I've never done." That gets a response. But you actually have to had voted them :^).
Puller is a Dem. No one ran against her last election. I didn't vote for her, but I didn't vote against her. I just want someone run to run against her.

hsmith

imported post

possumboy wrote:
Puller is a Dem. No one ran against her last election. I didn't vote for her, but I didn't vote against her. I just want someone run to run against her.
put your name on the ballet :lol:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hsmith wrote:
possumboy wrote:
put your name on the ballet :lol:

I did write myself in against her.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

"well, maybe I was talking about the other side"

Because we all know the bubbas who love guns don't mind if we talk about other constituents that way.

Either way, he comes across as ignorant. Well, at least there appears to be one way in which he isn't lying.