• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Legislation in Congress to overturn DC gun ban...

glocknroll

imported post

To me, this smacks of an attempt to head off the Supreme Court's ruling on the case. If Congress passes this bill, then the case will be irrelevant. If the Heller/Parker case is dropped and the Supreme Court doesn't rule, the no precedent is set for any following cases. It just seems to be a way to prevent a precedent setting rulingby the Supreme Court that the 2nd amendment is an individual right

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1399
This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills go first to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they go to general debate. The majority of bills never make it out of committee. Keep in mind that sometimes the text of one bill is incorporated into another bill, and in those cases the original bill, as it would appear here, would seem to be abandoned. [Last Updated: Jan 26, 2008]
This bill was introduced 8 Mar 2007, thus hardly a response to DC v. Heller.

glocknroll

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1399
This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills go first to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they go to general debate. The majority of bills never make it out of committee. Keep in mind that sometimes the text of one bill is incorporated into another bill, and in those cases the original bill, as it would appear here, would seem to be abandoned. [Last Updated: Jan 26, 2008]
This bill was introduced 8 Mar 2007, thus hardly a response to DC v. Heller.
Doh! Lack of attention to detail on my part.