• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A positive article about citizen concealed carry by law enforcement

Xeni

imported post

I was looking for an in-dash video system for my car(s) so that I can record my driving and any stops I might have to deal with when I came across the following article. It's not bad and cuts to the chase about gunmen in victim zones and I figured I'd share it since pro-LEO comments are few and far between at times.

http://www.policeone.com/police-products/firearms/articles/1647480/

Granted the article is more about having officers carry concealed while off-duty but it does give a nod to citizen carriers and how they've stopped or prevented crime.

Now, having said that. Anyone know of a sub $1K in-car video system that I can buy? I'd prefer to not use a webcam or a camcorder if at all possible -- something nice and professional. I'm not looking for anything fancy in terms of a radar system or GPS link but obviously the more bang for the buck -- would be awesome.

If the link above has been posted already somewhere, I appologize.

-Xeni

LEO 229

imported post

Going all out I see on the camera system, huh? ;)

Good article... I always carry but I know a few that leave the gun in their locker when they go home.

Many do it because they have kids and I guess no place to lock it up. Others do it because the spouse does not like guns.

It is sad that it is necessary to have a gun while out in public but the world we live in is full of lazy people that want to make money the easy way.. robbery!

They we have many crazy people out there and gang members that are simply a danger to you physically.

Marco

imported post

I emailed the link to my elected officials and requested they remove all unarmed victim rich zonesfrom the Common Wealth.
For starters.;)

KnightSG7

imported post

You might be able to find an "Eyewitness" system in a retired Police Interceptor, i used to drive one that had the "Eyewitness" system that videotaped everything into a locked VHS box in the trunk.

Try Ebay or police auctions.