Thread: Arizona Mulls Concealed Carry Rights At Schools

Post imported post

Its a start.....
    A committee of the Arizona Legislature is weighing arguments made today over a proposal to let people with permits to carry concealed weapons bring guns to K-12 schools, community colleges and universities.The Senate's Judiciary Committee listened to more than two hours of testimony about the proposal, but didn't take a vote.The testimony came four days after a gunman opened fire during a lecture at Northern Illinois University, killing five young people before turning a gun on himself.Supporters say the permit-holders should be allowed to carry guns at schools so they can defend themselves and others if a gunman starts shooting people and police haven't yet arrived at the scene.Opponents say police officers urgently responding to a school shooting might have difficulty distinguishing innocent permit-holders from the gunman.
    http://cbs13.com/national/school.guns.concealed.2.657203.html

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    Its a start.....
    ...police officers urgently responding to a school shooting might have difficulty distinguishing innocent permit-holders from the gunman.
    http://cbs13.com/national/school.gun....2.657203.html
    Nah, he'll be the one lying dead in a pool of his own foul blood.

Post imported post

Opponents say police officers urgently responding to a school shooting might have difficulty distinguishing innocent permit-holders from the gunman.

Yeah. They might. So what?

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    Opponents say police officers urgently responding to a school shooting might have difficulty distinguishing innocent permit-holders from the gunman.
    I'm sorry, but this argument always makes me shake my head. What makes people think that those that are in a school that draw their legally-carried weapon will be confused later by the police?! The police won't be there for at least a few minutes. The shooting will be done within the space of a minute, if that. More than enough time to eliminate the threat and re-holster. Once re-holstered, there's nothing that the police would do other than congradulate you.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    M1Gunr wrote:
    I'm sorry, but this argument always makes me shake my head. What makes people think that those that are in a school that draw their legally-carried weapon will be confused later by the police?!
    Agreed. Let's hope that's the best counter-argument that they can come up with. It's lame.