• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Meeting 2/20/08

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Got a message today that the officers have been thanked and their supervisor notified about how well they handled the situation.

bohdi

imported post

Longwatch, I sent an email to the County Executive, who the County Police Chief reports to. Figured since Fairfax is doing such a bang up job they ought to be thanked from the top down for a fine job training their officers throughout the county, but specifically the watch officer/section and the three officers that came out to say hello that night. I haven't heard back from the County Executive yet. Who did you write to?

hsmith

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Got a message today that the officers have been thanked and their supervisor notified about how well they handled the situation.
I think it is imperitive that people do give good feedback when good encounters occur. We often complain about the bad and will write letters for that, but we should be writing letters for excellent encounters as well.

Much like when you go out and eat, most don't tell the manager of an excellent service experience, they only save it for bad ones.

Tell them about it all!

bohdi

imported post

I incidentally was also able to thank the Manager in person at Fuddruckers last week - Milton - who graciously acknowledged the manager who set the clocks back was lacking in his people skills. Milton told me he was finally able to fire the guy.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

bohdi wrote:
Longwatch, I sent an email to the County Executive, who the County Police Chief reports to. Figured since Fairfax is doing such a bang up job they ought to be thanked from the top down for a fine job training their officers throughout the county, but specifically the watch officer/section and the three officers that came out to say hello that night. I haven't heard back from the County Executive yet. Who did you write to?
I went to talk to the front desk after Fuddruckers and they gave me the number for Sgt Kuhar. You could call the station and they should be able to tell you how to get in touch with him.

VApatriot

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Here are the results of the FOIAthat wassubmitted. First file is the 911 call audio from the Starbucks manager, second file is paperwork they sent.

http://www.vaguninfo.com/media/starbucks_911.mp3

http://vaguninfo.com/documents/starbucks_foia.pdf

Thanks, you do great work with the FOIA.

Does it bother anyone else thattheFCPDreferred to the VCDL meeting as an NRA meeting. They're getting better, but theystill need to learn a thing or two about who they are dealing with.

unrequited

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Here are the results of the FOIA that was submitted. First file is the 911 call audio from the Starbucks manager, second file is paperwork they sent.

http://www.vaguninfo.com/media/starbucks_911.mp3

http://vaguninfo.com/documents/starbucks_foia.pdf
That's hillarious. I've been asked many questions every month I've been there for the last oh, 7? Never had a problem. This call's too much.

So who's the sinister (left-handed) member who was being ID'ed in the call?

eyesopened

imported post

I'm thinking when she was saying left side, she was describing where the "bullets" were. I can only assume the "bullets" were magazine(s) on the left side and that would probably make the gun on the right side.

It's confusing when the manager says she asked the guy if he has a gun and the guy said no. Why would the guy say no if did have one. If I'm OC, and asked if I had a gun I'd say "Yes of course I do." LOL

What's with the communication at the end? Is that text messages from one squad car to another? Cops really need to learn how to spell ;)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It was casullshooter, I believe. He was wearing the bandolier with the cartridges across his chest.

And he looks so scary .....:what:

Neplusultra

W.E.G.

imported post

I open carried several months ago at the Starbucks in Vienna at the intersection of 123 and Center Street.

One of the barristas (bald-headed white guy, mid-30's) was sitting at a customer table and was apparently chatting with a young lady.

As I was walking from the register to the condiments counter, the barrista asked me, "Are you a police officer?"

I simply said "No."

I could overhear him saying to the young lady something about, "You know, this is Virginia."

The pistol was a G17 in an Uncle Mike's retention holster.

The barrista gave me "the look" the next several times I saw him there, although I was not carrying at all on the subsequent occasions. That barrista doesn't work there anymore, and the store is probably better for his absence.

It still bears concern that several of the OC "incidents" in northern VA have been either in, or nearby Starbucks stores.