• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

correction

WARCHILD

imported post

I was gratefuly reminded that I should post my sources for the laws I cited in my postings. I have looked through the federal book some and have not found the section which supports the liquor and jail protion of my last comments. I have a doubt that I may have had the old mich state firearms book which was superceded by the new ccw laws. therefore disregard these postings and as I said, ALWAYS go with the common sense as your first choice. I deeply apologize for any mis-information or concern I may have caused anyone. it was not intentional. if I do come across any pertinent info to support what I THOUGHT I had read, I will post it immediately. However in regard to the open carry, just for the hell of it---MCL 750.227 AND MCL 28.422---- also the CASTLE DOCTRINE--which is a 6 part bill--are listed as follows---
HB 5143 now PA 309 of 2006 - Sponsored by Rep. Rick Jones.
HB 5142 now PA 313 of 2006 - Sponsored by Rep. Tom Casperson
HB 5153 now PA 310 of 2006 - Sponsored by Rep. Leslie Mortimer.
HB 5548 now PA 314 of 2006 - Sponsored by Rep. Tim Moore.
SB 1046 now PA 311 of 2006 - Sponsored by Sen. Alan Cropsey
SB 1185 now PA 312 of 2006 - Sponsored by Sen. Ron Jelinek

once again I am very sorry for the wrong information, but at my age, live and learn is always an option. thanks again

WARCHILD

imported post

I appreciate that, too bad not all can accept others not being as perfect as they are. I was really hoping I could learn something from this site-- guess not-- see ya

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
I appreciate that, too bad not all can accept others not being as perfect as they are. I was really hoping I could learn something from this site-- guess not-- see ya

Hey WAR, we're sticklers for the details because it really helps others. Don't take it personal and please stick around, share and learn! I'm constantly learning something new on here!

For example: My VA res permit isn't valid in Nevada. No problem, since I prefer to OC, but I was planing on getting a UTAH non-res permit that's valid in Nevada and other states as well. Last night I learned on here that instead of the extra qualifications and paperwork required for the UTAH non-res permit,I can get a FL non-res CCW permit with just a set of prints and my DD-214. The only difference between that FL non-res and my VA res is the prints!

Hope to see you on the forum!

Sa45auto

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

There is an old saying..."As long as you're green you're growing...because right after ripe comes rotten."

Hang in there and grow with the rest of us.