• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick "Cheat Sheet" on CA Penal Code

Decoligny

imported post

A Pocket review of California Penal Code

12025 – Deals only with CONCEALED [/b]firearms
12026(a) – Permits concealed or open carry on your own property or at your own place of business
12026(b) – No permit required to purchase or own firearms
12026(c) – 12026 does NOT affect 12031 in any way
12026.1 + 12026.2 – List of exemptions to 12025. Deals only with CONCEALED firearms
12031 – Can’t carry a loaded firearm in an incorporated city or in a prohibited area of unincorporated territory
12031(e) – Police can examine gun to see if loaded IF[/b] in an incorporated city or prohibited area of an unincorporated territory
12031(f) – Prohibited area defined as anywhere that firearm discharge is illegal
12031(g) – For 12031 Loaded firearm defined as when there is an unexpended cartridge or shell in, or attached in any manner to, the firearm, including, but not limited to, in the firing chamber, magazine, or clip thereof attached to the firearm[/b].
626.9 – Cannot carry within 1000 feet of a K-12 school, loaded or unloaded
171b – Cannot carry within any state or local public building or at any meeting required to be open to the public
171c – No loaded firearms in State Capitol, legislative offices, office of the Governor or other constitutional officer, or any Senate/Assembly committee hearing rooms or on State Capitol grounds, bound by 10th, L, 15th, and N Streets, Sacramento
171d – Cannot carry/possess a loaded firearm in the Gov’s, Legislator’s, or any other constitutional officer’s residences
171e – Loaded firearm for Sections 171c and 171d defined as both the firearm and ammo in possession of the same person 374(c) - Shooting a firearm from or upon a public road or highway is a misdemeanor. NOTE: This means per 12031(f) public roads and highways are "prohibited areas"

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

cato wrote:
Very nice, now lets repeal all of them!:)

I think that will require a challenge in court, dont you?

Oh, and BTW I do love cheat sheets- but its super difficult to include all the pertinent code with California's restrictions and capture these information nuggets with both brevity and clarity.

Nice job overall. Shall we make them into business cards?

Decoligny

imported post

I have it in my wallet already. I have read the pertinent sections enough to use it as a guide to keep myself straight when discussing the legality of OC.

Go ahead and help yourself if you want to go the business card route. I posted it for everyone's use.