• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

gunstores

Maveric

imported post

Hey yall, I moved here awhile ago, and the one thing I havent found yet is a decient gunstore near new braunfels in the hill country, anyone know of any? preferably something that has unique guns, perhaps some old milsurps like makarovs or something? only store ive been to is cabellas, bought a lot of guns from there and theyre allright but i was hoping for a larger used section for unique old stuff.
any help is appriciated.

and I'll never eat a steak in any other state again, Texas stakes are undecsribeably declicious!

take care yall.

Eeyore

imported post

Not technically a gun store, but.....Academy Sports in Selma (on I-35 between the Hooters and the Forum shopping center) had a surprisingly decent selection when I was there early last year. Can't really comment on how knowledgable the sales staff is.

Glad you enjoy eating TX fence posts ("stakes"). Try the beef--it's much tastier and easier to cut. ;)

Maveric

imported post

Well the "steaks" lol, are good, the "stakes" are a lil tough, but hey you got to be tough in Texas.
As for academy, been there its like the Big 5 stores I used to visit in california, mostly poly guns, and new stuff...same ol' same ol' for that...and the sales staffs are...ok i guess...i was aiming more for a place that sold unique stuff, there was a store in sacramento, ca that used to sell junked up used guns, which where interesting to look at but be rare to find something to buy, but it had a bunch of old guns to stare at.
Next thing I need to do is jack up my truck :D

Take it easy

seburiel

imported post

welcome to Texas.

Try the Powder Horn

They have a ton of wonderful unique and hard-to-find firearms

2412 SW Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78227
(210) 674-5220

mtgmike

imported post

This isnt that close to you, but there is a great little store in Kerrville, NW of San Antonio.

Youngs Jewelry and Guns.

Guy has a huge selection for a smaller sized physical location, and a retired DEA Firearms Trainer that hangs around and does gunsmith work for him.

I visitedmy uncle in Hunt and ended up hanging out here a couple of times.