Thread: What a wonderful ammo store

State Researcher

Post imported post

http://www.bigdogammo.com/

I wouldn't mind getting some of the more ummm esoteric ammo they offer. In 7.62x54r no less!

State Researcher

Post imported post

Ugh it'd be wonderful if you could take that link down. That website only has limited supplies of the ammunition they sell. Then again, I guess I'm attempting to prevent the inevitable.

They DO have some fun ammo, though. Something about a 100ft long blast of fire coming from my 12 gauge sounds like fun.

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    They DO have some fun ammo, though. Something about a 100ft long blast of fire coming from my 12 gauge sounds like fun.
    pre-roasted duck.... just kidding.

some of that does look like fun.

State Researcher

Post imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
    pre-roasted duck.... just kidding.

some of that does look like fun.
    ROTFLMAO!!!

Post imported post

Actually, it's http://ammunitiontogo.com

Anyone that can read and is on gunbroker (and on gunandgame.com forums where I've posted it many times) can find it. It's really no secret.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Wow.........they have my 6.5 Carcano at a reasonable price! 11.99 is better than I've seen anywhere else.......most other places wanted close to $30 for a box of 20 rds.

Price on 7.62x39 is a little higher than AIM surplus.......but not by much, and if I'm ordering 6.5 Carcano, I might get a case of 7.62 while I'm at it......:P

Post imported post

Some of their prices are rather ?High? I shoot a lot of .223/5.56 and find $0.30 per round for RELOADS to be less than economical. Especially when I reload my own for less than $0.16ea.

Don't forget to add shipping too.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    Some of their prices are rather ?High? I shoot a lot of .223/5.56 and find $0.30 per round for RELOADS to be less than economical. Especially when I reload my own for less than $0.16ea.

Did you count your labor in that $.16? How about the quality of components or labor? Laboris expensive then there is profit to stay in business.

Post imported post

It's a great website. I purchased almost $500 in ammunition from them for a group buy among my friends about two months ago and all the ammunition that we received was top notch. I'm especially happy with the LEO buckshot, slugs, and pistol ammunition that I purchased for defense.

Post imported post

Don't suppose anyone has had any experience with http://ammoman.com ?
    Support these forums, please donate if you are able to OpenCarry.Org!

Post imported post

I hav not but my brother has ordered a couple times from him with nothing but good results.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

My brother ordered 7.62x54r from ammoman.com with good results. Shipping is free, too, which would be pretty large for the quantities involved.

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    amlevin wrote:

Did you count your labor in that $.16? How about the quality of components or labor? Laboris expensive then there is profit to stay in business.
    I, like many that shoot regularly, often prefer to use some of our spare time to reload and save money. Then there are those that have more time than money.

It takes me about 1 hour per week to load the 300-400 rounds I shoot each week. This is time I used to waste watching the evening news.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    I, like many that shoot regularly, often prefer to use some of our spare time to reload and save money. Then there are those that have more time than money.

It takes me about 1 hour per week to load the 300-400 rounds I shoot each week. This is time I used to waste watching the evening news.

Now that is awesome.However,now I feel horribly unproductive and, therefore, guilt. *sigh*

TGIF

Post imported post

Jamfish wrote:
    amlevin wrote:

Now that is awesome.However,now I feel horribly unproductive and, therefore, guilt. *sigh*

TGIF
    Fight that guilt, go shooting!

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    Jamfish wrote:
    amlevin wrote:

TGIF
    Fight that guilt, go shooting!
    It's all in the press and Dillon makes the best for round volume production. But for some of my loads I still do it one at a time on a single stage press made by Pacific back before most of you were born. Volume isn't everything,

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    It's all in the press and Dillon makes the best for round volume production. But for some of my loads I still do it one at a time on a single stage press made by Pacific back before most of you were born. Volume isn't everything,
    I use my Dillon for 9mm and .223 which I go through like popcorn. For any of my other rifles I load on a single-stage and measure powder down to the last fraction of a tenth grain. Volume may nor be everything but it sure is fun:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

I've been getting Dillon Press for years thinking, "I don't have time for this with kids, etc." Their single-stage presses are pretty affordable, too.

This may be thecatalyst to get the garage cleaned out & organized

Post imported post

I have been handloading for 30 plus years. I kicked myself numerous times for not just getting a Dillon Progressive years ago. I couldn't justify the expense so I bought a collection of cheaper "stuff" that has since worn out, broken, or just been thrown away because it didn't work and nobody else wanted it.

I finally bit the bullet and bought a Dillon XL-650 with Casefeeder about a year ago. Since I already had dies, scale, calipers, and case preperation tools the total cost was just under $1,000. Expensive?? Not when I added up all the money I spent on my old LEE Progressive (not including the trip to the ER for stitches in my hand when a tray of primers exploded on the press one day).

Buying a Dillon press will be one of those things you will either do, or you will make excuses why not to do for years. If you intend to shoot any volume, either in fun or competetion, you will eventuallyown a Dillon.

Post imported post

I dont need to go buy a dillon, I'll just use my dads. :celebrate

Post imported post

BIll98501 wrote:
    I've been waiting for my brother to buy one so I can say that too. But I will probably have to buy one myself and he will borrow mine, for a small fee of course.:P
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

BIll98501 wrote:

Thats an idea! I'll charge to let you use my Dillon! Just a small fee of course!

Maybe some pulled pork!