• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What a wonderful ammo store

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Ugh it'd be wonderful if you could take that link down. That website only has limited supplies of the ammunition they sell. Then again, I guess I'm attempting to prevent the inevitable.

They DO have some fun ammo, though. Something about a 100ft long blast of fire coming from my 12 gauge sounds like fun.

uncoolperson

imported post

DreQo wrote:
They DO have some fun ammo, though. Something about a 100ft long blast of fire coming from my 12 gauge sounds like fun.

pre-roasted duck.... just kidding.

some of that does look like fun.

compmanio365

imported post

Wow.........they have my 6.5 Carcano at a reasonable price! 11.99 is better than I've seen anywhere else.......most other places wanted close to $30 for a box of 20 rds.

Price on 7.62x39 is a little higher than AIM surplus.......but not by much, and if I'm ordering 6.5 Carcano, I might get a case of 7.62 while I'm at it......:p

amlevin

imported post

Some of their prices are rather ?High? I shoot a lot of .223/5.56 and find $0.30 per round for RELOADS to be less than economical. Especially when I reload my own for less than $0.16ea.

Don't forget to add shipping too.

Bear 45/70

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Some of their prices are rather ?High? I shoot a lot of .223/5.56 and find $0.30 per round for RELOADS to be less than economical. Especially when I reload my own for less than $0.16ea.

Did you count your labor in that $.16? How about the quality of components or labor? Laboris expensive then there is profit to stay in business.

Dave The Welder

imported post

It's a great website. I purchased almost $500 in ammunition from them for a group buy among my friends about two months ago and all the ammunition that we received was top notch. I'm especially happy with the LEO buckshot, slugs, and pistol ammunition that I purchased for defense.

carhas0

imported post

My brother ordered 7.62x54r from ammoman.com with good results. Shipping is free, too, which would be pretty large for the quantities involved.

amlevin

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
amlevin wrote:

Did you count your labor in that $.16? How about the quality of components or labor? Laboris expensive then there is profit to stay in business.

I, like many that shoot regularly, often prefer to use some of our spare time to reload and save money. Then there are those that have more time than money.

It takes me about 1 hour per week to load the 300-400 rounds I shoot each week. This is time I used to waste watching the evening news.

retrodad

imported post

amlevin wrote:
I, like many that shoot regularly, often prefer to use some of our spare time to reload and save money. Then there are those that have more time than money.

It takes me about 1 hour per week to load the 300-400 rounds I shoot each week. This is time I used to waste watching the evening news.

Now that is awesome.However,now I feel horribly unproductive and, therefore, guilt. :( *sigh*

TGIF

amlevin

imported post

Jamfish wrote:
amlevin wrote:

Now that is awesome.However,now I feel horribly unproductive and, therefore, guilt. :( *sigh*

TGIF
Fight that guilt, go shooting!

Bear 45/70

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Jamfish wrote:
amlevin wrote:

TGIF
Fight that guilt, go shooting!
It's all in the press and Dillon makes the best for round volume production. But for some of my loads I still do it one at a time on a single stage press made by Pacific back before most of you were born. Volume isn't everything,

amlevin

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
It's all in the press and Dillon makes the best for round volume production. But for some of my loads I still do it one at a time on a single stage press made by Pacific back before most of you were born. Volume isn't everything,
I use my Dillon for 9mm and .223 which I go through like popcorn. For any of my other rifles I load on a single-stage and measure powder down to the last fraction of a tenth grain. Volume may nor be everything but it sure is fun:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

retrodad

imported post

I've been getting Dillon Press for years thinking, "I don't have time for this with kids, etc." Their single-stage presses are pretty affordable, too.

This may be thecatalyst to get the garage cleaned out & organized:)

amlevin

imported post

I have been handloading for 30 plus years. I kicked myself numerous times for not just getting a Dillon Progressive years ago. I couldn't justify the expense so I bought a collection of cheaper "stuff" that has since worn out, broken, or just been thrown away because it didn't work and nobody else wanted it.

I finally bit the bullet and bought a Dillon XL-650 with Casefeeder about a year ago. Since I already had dies, scale, calipers, and case preperation tools the total cost was just under $1,000. Expensive?? Not when I added up all the money I spent on my old LEE Progressive (not including the trip to the ER for stitches in my hand when a tray of primers exploded on the press one day).

Buying a Dillon press will be one of those things you will either do, or you will make excuses why not to do for years. If you intend to shoot any volume, either in fun or competetion, you will eventuallyown a Dillon.