Thread: Driving from Utah to Nevada...

Post imported post

doing this will take me thru an Indian Reservation while on I-15 and from what I understand is not patrolled by the Arizona Highway Patrol but by some type of Indian/Native American Highway Patrol ??? Is this true and if so can I CC or even Carry while driving thru that part in Arizona while on the I-15 ???

Stupid but just wondering.

TJ

Post imported post

From what I was told whenI visited AZ some tribes will honor your permit and others won't.

You can contact the AZ DPS or the Tribal police to find out if your okay.

Or secure the firearmper Federal peaceable journey law and hope you are okay.

SinceI wasn't planning on stopping on the reservationI just did whatI normally do.
    Risk assessment.

I have heard from others that the reservation should be treated like a foreign country and assume your firearm is unwelcomed.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

On I5 going to Nevada, say Las Vegas, from Salt Lake you should only travel through 2 Indian Reservations. One in southern Utah and one in Nevada.

The Piute reservation just south of Cedar City, only a couple of miles long and the Moapa Indian reservation just south of Glendale for about 8 miles.

I don't see one on I15 in Arizona.

Post imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    doing this will take me thru an Indian Reservation while on I-15 and from what I understand is not patrolled by the Arizona Highway Patrol but by some type of Indian/Native American Highway Patrol ??? Is this true and if so can I CC or even Carry while driving thru that part in Arizona while on the I-15 ???

Stupid but just wondering.

TJ
    Done it many times......Stay withthe flow of traffic and don't worry.

Post imported post

You are protected by state laws while on the roadway per the compacts with the tribes. Just dont pull into a gas station or anything.