• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Driving from Utah to Nevada...

UTOC-45-44

imported post

doing this will take me thru an Indian Reservation while on I-15 and from what I understand is not patrolled by the Arizona Highway Patrol but by some type of Indian/Native American Highway Patrol ??? Is this true and if so can I CC or even Carry while driving thru that part in Arizona while on the I-15 ???

Stupid but just wondering.

TJ

Marco

imported post

From what I was told whenI visited AZ some tribes will honor your permit and others won't.

You can contact the AZ DPS or the Tribal police to find out if your okay.

Or secure the firearmper Federal peaceable journey law and hope you are okay.

SinceI wasn't planning on stopping on the reservationI just did whatI normally do.
Risk assessment.

I have heard from others that the reservation should be treated like a foreign country and assume your firearm is unwelcomed.

Walther

imported post

On I5 going to Nevada, say Las Vegas, from Salt Lake you should only travel through 2 Indian Reservations. One in southern Utah and one in Nevada.

The Piute reservation just south of Cedar City, only a couple of miles long and the Moapa Indian reservation just south of Glendale for about 8 miles.

I don't see one on I15 in Arizona.

Sa45auto

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
doing this will take me thru an Indian Reservation while on I-15 and from what I understand is not patrolled by the Arizona Highway Patrol but by some type of Indian/Native American Highway Patrol ??? Is this true and if so can I CC or even Carry while driving thru that part in Arizona while on the I-15 ???

Stupid but just wondering.

TJ
Done it many times......Stay withthe flow of traffic and don't worry.

bbvk05

imported post

You are protected by state laws while on the roadway per the compacts with the tribes. Just dont pull into a gas station or anything.