• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kennewick man kills neighbor's 2 pit bulls

Johnny Law

imported post

Sa45auto wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
............Yeah he should have shot the________ owner. Who didn't bother to take proper care of his animals. Just like you should smack the parents of unruly children rather than the child. Oh yeah and killing some one else animals is harmless? Like I said he should be shot for felony stupid.

Parents are responsible for the actions of their children, both legally and morally, and owners are responsible for the actions of their animals, both legally and morally, BUT you do not advocate the taking of a human life over the actions of an animal, unless that animal was trained and used as a weapon of murder......lest you become the animal.

The man had every right and duty to dispatch the animals and the owner of the dogs should pay for any and all damages to the fence, chicken coop and chickens.

I dearly love dogs, but any doge of mine that shows any aggressive behavior is toast. Some animals should never be kept as pets.
Under those circumstances he did have a right to shoot the dogs,and had no obligation to wait until a chicken was killed first. One of the dogs was in with the chickens and when it ran out, charged at him.

Don't get me wrong, because I too love dogs, but I have also had to shoot several on duty. This is not a stereotype or ragging on a certain breed, but all the dogs I've shot have been pit bulls. This is usually due to to the fact that the owners are often irresponsible jerks who teach the dogs to fight and be mean.

Some seek to own pit bulls so they can be "fighting dogs" and their owners are proud to tell you about it. These are people who should not own pets, as they are clearly too immature to care for them properly. The other responsibility with a poweful dog is to make sure that it is under control and/or contained. Letting them run/get loose is opening up a huge liability for the owner.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Sa45auto wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
............Yeah he should have shot the________ owner. Who didn't bother to take proper care of his animals. Just like you should smack the parents of unruly children rather than the child. Oh yeah and killing some one else animals is harmless? Like I said he should be shot for felony stupid.

Parents are responsible for the actions of their children, both legally and morally, and owners are responsible for the actions of their animals, both legally and morally, BUT you do not advocate the taking of a human life over the actions of an animal, unless that animal was trained and used as a weapon of murder......lest you become the animal.

The man had every right and duty to dispatch the animals and the owner of the dogs should pay for any and all damages to the fence, chicken coop and chickens.

I dearly love dogs, but any doge of mine that shows any aggressive behavior is toast. Some animals should never be kept as pets.
So you advocate letting the morons of the world do as the wish, causing the rest of us mental andemotional harm along with physical harm sometimes and that they never be punished. I value a chickens life above a moronic animal owner who accepts no responsiblity for there actions that he made no attempt to curb. You are way to PC for me and are part of the reason the world is in the state it is in. Respect the rights of the criminal and stupid but trample on the rights of the good citizens.
rolleyes.gif

Decoligny

imported post

Fine them, yes.....Jail time, yes......Permanent Dirt Nap, hell no.

There have always been stupid people. There will always be stupid people. If you seriously advocated killingthe stupid people, count yourself in the group and please proceed to the front of the line.

yankees98a

imported post

It is illegal to fire a gun in the city limits, Blatman said, but residents have a right to protect their property. The police report, however, will be sent to the city attorney for review, he said.

How do you protect your property if you can't fire when necessary?

Bear 45/70

imported post

Decoligny wrote:

There have always been stupid people. There will always be stupid people. If you seriously advocated killingthe stupid people, count yourself in the group and please proceed to the front of the line.
The trouble we have now is that the stupid people are out repoducing the normal people about 3 to one. Their learning curve is so slow that fines orjail don't work, just look at the repeat offender stats. If we left Nature to her own devices instead of baby sitting these dummies they would die but we don't anymore because of all this PC crap.

Decoligny

imported post

yankees98a wrote:
It is illegal to fire a gun in the city limits, Blatman said, but residents have a right to protect their property. The police report, however, will be sent to the city attorney for review, he said.

How do you protect your property if you can't fire when necessary?

It's a matter of whether they determine that firing the gun was a justifiable act. Like "It's illegal to kill someone", but the porsecutor determined that it was justifiable homicide, i.e. self-defense.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Decoligny wrote:

Anyone living in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia has a lot of balls calling anyone else stupid. How is being a non-citizen feel, serf.
rolleyes.gif

Decoligny

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
The trouble we have now is that the stupid people are out repoducing the normal people about 3 to one. Their learning curve is so slow that fines orjail don't work, just look at the repeat offender stats. If we left Nature to her own devices instead of baby sitting these dummies they would die but we don't anymore because of all this PC crap.

I couldn't agree more, I think we should stand back and let natural selection take it's course. Let those who don't want to work atarve. Let those too stupid to know that coffee is hot, suffer from the crotch burns they deserve. Let those who choose to do stupid things reap the consequences of doing stupid things. We don't need a nanny government telling us what we can and can't do, let Darwin weed out those who make stooopid a way of life.

Just don't advocate shooting them in the streets.

Sa45auto

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
Decoligny wrote:

There have always been stupid people.  There will always be stupid people.  If you seriously advocated killing the stupid people, count yourself in the group and please proceed to the front of the line.
Anyone living in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia has a lot of balls calling anyone else stupid.  How is being a non-citizen feel, serf.
rolleyes.gif

Bear, I went back and read a lot of your posts.

Mostly I agree with what you have said on other threads.

You need to slow down a little. Read every thing someone posts before you get angry and post, and don't attack others. You are better than that.

Without the personal attacks people will take you more seriously.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Sa45auto wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Decoligny wrote:

Anyone living in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia has a lot of balls calling anyone else stupid. How is being a non-citizen feel, serf.
rolleyes.gif

Bear, I went back and read a lot of your posts.

Mostly I agree with what you have said on other threads.

You need to slow down a little. Read every thing someone posts before you get angry and post, and don't attack others. You are better than that.

Without the personal attacks people will take you more seriously.
He attacked me first and after that he's fair game.

Decoligny

imported post

I put the caveat "If youseriously advocated killingthe stupid people..."

So, if you really do SERIOUSLY advocate murder,then I stick by calling you stupid.

If however, you are a rational person and you don't seriously advocate murder, then take the comment as my trying to shine alighton how outrageous I thought the original "He should have shot the ______owner" statement was.

steveforopen

imported post

Thundar wrote:
My son had a fire at his house so I had to babysit his dog. It is a pit bull mix. The dog is very docile and friendly. Our next door neighbor has a son (age 14) who jumps on a trampoline next to our fence. On my side of the fence is a shed. My neighbors son often jumped over the fence and climbed on the roof of my shed to jump onto his trampoline to get a bigger bounce. The pit bull mix saw the kid on our side of the fence and followed him over the fence (jumping a six foot wooden fence.) (The dog used the box the neighbors son had put against the fence and shed to help him get over the fence and onto my shed roof.)The dog never hurt anybody or even growled. He just wanted to play. The neighbor made a big deal, called the dog catcher and threatened to shoot the dog with his shotgun. Yes my neighbor is an A-hole and is often a drunken A-hole. I did not tell him about his son jumping off the roof. I had a quiet discussion with the son. The dad has beaten the son before and nothing has been done, even though it has been reported, but that is a way OT discussion.

I guess the moral of the story is don't shoot the dog unless you have to. It isn't usually the dogs fault.
I'm sorry you have to experience such BS. People should be more responsible and not drag you into it

Bear 45/70

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
I put the caveat "If youseriously advocated killingthe stupid people..."

So, if you really do SERIOUSLY advocate murder,then I stick by calling you stupid.

If however, you are a rational person and you don't seriously advocate murder, then take the comment as my trying to shine alighton how outrageous I thought the original "He should have shot the ______owner" statement was.
Reality check people. Working theory for a real world problem. The big stumbling block is who decides? I'm not qualified, are you? So back to reality. Even though a capitol crime of "felony stupid" would be nice to have on the books, but again who decides? I never advocated murdering anyone, just punishing the one really at fault.

Trigger Dr

imported post

RCW 16.08

I went throught this seniario 2 years ago. Working in my back yard clearing some brush when the new neighbor ( bought the house and moved in 2 days prior) came home and let her pit bitch and pup outside. BINGO, I am fighting 2 dogs one has my right thumb and the other has my pant leg. I called for the wife to get my gun. By the time wife got there the dog owner had gotten them off me. I made the statement that if they attacked again, I would shoot them.

Police report and humane society involved. The neighbors had to put u[p fence, post signs, get an insurance rider for $200K. The bitch was put down and the pup disappeared a few days later....NO, I had nothing to do with the disappearance.,

Now I am the bad neighbor. Yeah I guess I am

Jim

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

why is it that owners of vicious dogs think there is nothing wrong with their dogs leaving their property and attacking someone?

pit bulls can never be trusted unless they are under close supervision. on their own they tend to revert to their genetic disposition. under close owner supervision they can be very docile and quite friendly. they also tend to be unfriendly to other animals even if they are not vicious to people.

like all other dogs, it is the owner's fault if something bad happens to a dog who is not under control.

joshmmm

imported post

ilbob wrote:
why is it that owners of vicious dogs think there is nothing wrong with their dogs leaving their property and attacking someone?

pit bulls can never be trusted unless they are under close supervision. on their own they tend to revert to their genetic disposition. under close owner supervision they can be very docile and quite friendly. they also tend to be unfriendly to other animals even if they are not vicious to people.

like all other dogs, it is the owner's fault if something bad happens to a dog who is not under control.
This is completely false. It is wrong, demeaning and racist. Would you say the same things about black people?

I am willing to bet there are plenty of statistics that pit bulls are, disproportionately, handled/put down by the authorities for vicious behavior. I know that there are TONS of statistics that black people are incarcerated by the authorities at FAR higher rates than caucasians. I am not a psychologist, nor a dog expert, nor an expert on the statistics of incarceration.

I do know, however, that I have known MANY pit bulls who are millions of times more loving/affectionate than tons of other dogs, especially the little yappy ones. Pit bulls are instantly blamed because they have a bad reputation and they are bigger/stronger. When a little dog bites, it must have been antagonized and, really, what was the harm? Well, when a pit bull bites, it gets reported because it must be vicious and, because it is strong, it actually does cause harm instead of an owie...

Apply the same logic to black people if you want. It is no different. What comes first, the crime or the criminal? The reputation/stereotype or the acts that cause that reputation? Then, what really comes first to cause it all??? Is a pit bull inately more vicious? Is a black person inately pre-disposed to crime?

Liberal argument on pit bulls: NO, there is no predisposition. People are afraid of pit bulls because so many pit bulls are raised in poor homes (abusive, not well cared for, encouraged to commit crime, etc.). The dog patrols then react and impound more pit bulls, disproportionately compared with other breeds. People then see pit bulls, not the owners/society/environment as the problem. Society now believes pit bulls are predisposed to violent behavior. There are now statistics to "prove" this.

Liberal argument on blackk people: NO, there is no predisposition. People are afraid of black people because so many black people are raised in poor homes (abusive, not well cared for, encouraged to commit crime, etc.). The police then react and arrest more black people, disproportionately compared with other races. People then see black people , not the parents/society/environment as the problem. Society now believes black people are predisposed to violent behavior. There are now statistics to "prove" this.

No major point here, other than to say, pit bulls, like any breed, have many very friendly lovable members; like any breed, a bad owner/environment can create a mean/vicious dog that will attack.

ps. I don't know if there is a pre-disposition for pit bulls/blacks to be more violent, but I do know that the statistics that we see in the media are nearly worthless for proving it either way... I tend to believe the liberal argument more, but, I am not a sociologist nor anthropoligist.

Bear 45/70

imported post

ilbob wrote:

You've never seen the Dog Wisperer's dog pack have you. None of his pitbulls would ever do what you claim. You need to bone up and animal behavior and quit believing old wives tales and lies.

Dave The Welder

imported post

It must be a Kennewick thing. Over Christmas break when I was home in Kennewick, I was awoken one morning by a very loud "event" (for lack of a better term) going on on my deck, my mother screaming, and my dog sounding like he was going to kill somebody. I figured that somebody was coming through the front door, so I grabbed my handgun and ran upstairs. I made it into the entryway just in time to find my mother, covered in blood, walking back in the door with one of our cats. Two of the neighbor’s dogs, both of which are very friendly dogs, had been allowed to pack and run together through the neighborhood. They decided that this day was a good day to hunt our cats on our deck. The act was done by the time I made it upstairs and they were already off our deck but not yet off our property so we grabbed them and called the sheriff's office. With all the evidence of my mother, the two dogs, and our deck covered in blood and a dead cat the lady next door was still furious at us for keeping her dog until a deputy arrived (which we were instructed to do by the deputy). She never seemed to understand what her dog had done and only seemed to want to place blame on us somehow. If I had made up upstairs a few seconds faster and had shot the dogs on our deck, I'm sure that she would have been very unfriendly. People often get caught up in their own emotions and can't look at a situation logically; they see only what they want to, not what actually happened.