Thread: New Guy Looks For Clarification

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA

Post imported post

Hi to all,

I am brand new to the forum today and have found some very interesting information and am the new biggest fan. I am however, looking for some clarification. If anyone can help me with it, it would be greatly appreciated. My company recently moved me from michigan to missouri to run a store for them that no one else would take. It is apparently in a bad neighboorhood. (troost and linwood in Kansas City MO) I am unable to apply for a CCW until I have been a resident for 6 months, and I didn't get a CCW in michigan, as I lived inthe country, and open carry there was not an issue. My understanding is that I CAN OPEN CARRY a sidearm legally untill my 6 months is up. Is there anyone with some knowledge about how this is generally accepted in kansas city (where I work) or Independence (where I live)? Thanks for any help you can give me!!

Post imported post

Welcome MMDK,

If you go back and read some of the previous post, you will find links to research this and perhaps something listed for Independence. I will tell you that North KC has an Ordinance against it.

Take care,

Shawn

Post imported post

Yeah I searched through the posts and didn't find anything specific about independence. I found the post about it being illegal to carry in north kansas city, but being new, I don't really know where north kansas city is. Any one have a definition of "north kansas city" (i.e. north of i-70 or etc.) would be very helpful. thanks!!

Post imported post

mmdkyoung123 wrote:
    Yeah I searched through the posts and didn't find anything specific about independence. I found the post about it being illegal to carry in north kansas city, but being new, I don't really know where north kansas city is. Any one have a definition of "north kansas city" (i.e. north of i-70 or etc.) would be very helpful. thanks!!
    Sorry about that...some post have been removed. Here is the link: http://www.municode.com/resources/co...asp?stateID=25 You are good to go, if the code is still good fromJune 11, 2007.

Here are some other links also: http://www.bpcnet.com/codes.htm

http://codes.sullivanpublications.com/codes%2Dslp/

Also, North Kansas City is "North" of Kansas City.

Post imported post

Thanks for all the help shawn. I verified that the codes are still good.and now that I know where north kansas city is, I will make sure not to go into it. THANKS AGAIN!!!

Post imported post

NKC is a community north of the river and often is a nickname for other suburbs such as Riverside, Gladstone, and Antioch.

OC in KC, MO is okay according to information I have gathered. The store address you gave isKC, MO city limits.

Also,if you meet qualifications to lawfully possess a handgun then you can have one concealed anywhere in your vehicle (21 yrs and older, I think) in the state of MO (on your person or otherwise). But don't get out of the vehicle with it on you unless you do get a CCW permit orare on your own property or store property (as a manager maybe you can give yourself that permission).

Also, you might be able to get a FL CCW permit earlier than waiting 6 months to get the MO CCW; but it won't be good in KS when you have to go there.