Thread: Transporting in a truck

Post imported post

Those with the trucks. I need your advice on how to properly store my firearm in my truck as we don't have trunks. I have a 2000 chevy s-10 LS. Thanks for any input or ideas that could help.

Post imported post

Get a small gun safe that can slide under your seat or be bolted under the dash or something. These folks have an inexpensive key-locked safe, there are others around that are larger and more expensive but have a nifty electronic combination lock.

I have one of GunVault safes that I've been lugging around with me so that I can lock my gun in the car when I go to church (it's illegal to carry in church in Utah), but I think I'm going to buy a pair of the center of mass safes and install one permanently in each vehicle, bolted down under the dash or placed under the seat and secured with the steel cable.

Of course, a thief equipped with a bolt cutter or hacksaw can still remove the safe and then cut it open at leisure to get your gun, but it's much better than just storing it in the console between the seats, or even in the trunk of a car.

Post imported post

Had to go find the link, I got a couple of these great and easy to use, and FAA approved....

http://aacfi.com/products/secureit.shtml

Favorite recent Quote:
    "As long as I'm prosecutor, if someone comes into a store with a gun and I've said it before and I'll say it again they have forfeited their right not to be shot,"
    Hamilton County, Ohio - prosecutor; Joe Deters

Post imported post

Firemanjoe, your link in broken. Could you throw another one up there to see what it is. Thanks guys. does gander moutain have any safes similair?

Post imported post

This is the link he was trying to post.

http://aacfi.com/products/secureit.php

You can buy all kinds of safes and such at stores like Gander Mountain and Dicks.
    But if you are in the car/truck with the firearm why not just through a quick cable lock through the gun?
    Way cheaper than anything else, even free at some gun stores.
    Only reason I would use a safe is if I was leaving it in the car and it wasnt on my person.