• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Transporting in a truck

imported post

Those with the trucks. I need your advice on how to properly store my firearm in my truck as we don't have trunks. I have a 2000 chevy s-10 LS. Thanks for any input or ideas that could help.:)

swillden

imported post

Get a small gun safe that can slide under your seat or be bolted under the dash or something. These folks have an inexpensive key-locked safe, there are others around that are larger and more expensive but have a nifty electronic combination lock.

I have one of GunVault safes that I've been lugging around with me so that I can lock my gun in the car when I go to church (it's illegal to carry in church in Utah), but I think I'm going to buy a pair of the center of mass safes and install one permanently in each vehicle, bolted down under the dash or placed under the seat and secured with the steel cable.

Of course, a thief equipped with a bolt cutter or hacksaw can still remove the safe and then cut it open at leisure to get your gun, but it's much better than just storing it in the console between the seats, or even in the trunk of a car.

imported post

Firemanjoe, your link in broken. Could you throw another one up there to see what it is. Thanks guys. does gander moutain have any safes similair?

SWhetsel

imported post

This is the link he was trying to post.

http://aacfi.com/products/secureit.php

You can buy all kinds of safes and such at stores like Gander Mountain and Dicks.
But if you are in the car/truck with the firearm why not just through a quick cable lock through the gun?
Way cheaper than anything else, even free at some gun stores.
Only reason I would use a safe is if I was leaving it in the car and it wasnt on my person.