• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC on Campus on CNN

ChefW

imported post

bms429 wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/20/cnnu.guns/index.html

check it out....it actually made the headlines.

I havent read it yet to see its bias but wanted to post it up for you all to enjoy and for me to read it later when i have time.
Every school should allow that. For christ sakes you got wacko's running around campus dropping people from left to right. Give innocents a f****** chance! :cuss:

bms429

imported post

Have any of you heard of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus? www.concealedcampus.org
I joined their facebook group a couple months ago and believe in what they are doing 100%.

These guys go head to head with brady campaign and come out looking really good. In my opinion of course.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

bms429 wrote:
Have any of you heard of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus? http://www.concealedcampus.org
I joined their facebook group a couple months ago and believe in what they are doing 100%.

These guys go head to head with brady campaign and come out looking really good. In my opinion of course.
Yep... I've been aware of their goal for many months now -- the thing is, with Delaware law, all a student or staff/faculty would need is the permission of the school to carry. I've stated before that I'd be perfectly comfortable with a school requiring an employee or student to have a CCDW in exchange for allowing them to carry on their property (when it comes to the colleges).

I know this doesn't sit right with some people, but it's my opinion that it's a stepping stone -- there's no way a college or university is going to allow everyone outright to carry on campus, so, I'm hoping it would be a gateway agreement.

Texaschl

imported post

The News reported that it took campus police along with the city and Sheriff's dept. 8 minutes to respond to the shooting scene.shooting was over in less then 3 minutes with 5 dead and 18 injured. I support letting CHL's to carry on campus and I have been supporting the concealed on campus movement for the last 3 months as soon as I saw the news report on it.

I think we should allow both staff and students that have CHL's to carry and let parents that have CHl's carry on Public school campus as this might be the turning point to stop this shootings.

I have 2 girls in High school and think it would be a lot safer place if we let staff and parents carry while on the campus of our schools.

OneShot

imported post

Wow! Interesting site. I like the video of the debate with the Brady rep. I'd like to think I would change one thing during the video though. It looks like the SCCC Pres. addressed the issue of the VT shooter not having a CCDW license and he had a mental past. I would have liked for him to tell the Brady Rep. to brush up on his laws before coming in to a debate "unarmed". Same ole' Brady Bunch. Always thinking we are a bunch of gun toting, half-wits, that lay our guns around for people to pick up and use as they wish. The Brady Rep. mentioned the SCCC Pres. had military training, too. As if that makes him more capable to defend himself than someone who has already been through a CCDW course. I'll tell you one thing, I was never taught how to be defensive with a handgun in the military. Always offensive, how to maintain, and to keep it pointing in a safe direction.

Brady Bunch :banghead: