Thread: OC or CC concerning vehicles...any LEO's have thoughts

Post imported post

I am considering shifting to a drop tactical holster (thigh) for ease and comfort. So

1) does a holster with a flap change your category back to CC (I don't think it does/should).

2) I ride a motorcycle, the tactical rig would make it much better for me in keeping the gun secure etc. yet accessible.

3) Is someoneon a motorcycle treated like they are in a car or is it still open carry.

I am sure that with my long hair,beard and riding a harley will get the sherriff called either way....I was just wondering from which side of the fence I would be discussing this when I get stopped.

Post imported post

What is OC or CC can vary from state to state. Might want to post this question in the Washington section.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Sean wrote:
    I am considering shifting to a drop tactical holster (thigh) for ease and comfort. So

1) does a holster with a flap change your category back to CC (I don't think it does/should).

2) I ride a motorcycle, the tactical rig would make it much better for me in keeping the gun secure etc. yet accessible.

3) Is someoneon a motorcycle treated like they are in a car or is it still open carry.

I am sure that with my long hair,beard and riding a harley will get the sherriff called either way....I was just wondering from which side of the fence I would be discussing this when I get stopped.
    check this out bro.........its next on my wishlist.............

http://www.sandssalesco.com/

Post imported post

svjoe wrote:
    Sean wrote:

check this out bro.........its next on my wishlist.............

http://www.sandssalesco.com/

Nice!!

Iwould think athigh wouldprobably get the cops called. Have you considered a shoulder holster? I don't ride a bike, butmine issuper comfortable in the truck.

Post imported post

I have a shoulder holster...several actually. The problem is that when you are wearing gloves, leather jacket etc...it takes awhile to stop, doff the gloves, unzip, and finally draw the weapon. I was hoping to shift to something a little more accessible. The mount systems look cool except 1 thing....I don't use semi-autos.....I carry wheel guns. I will keep looking.