• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blackhawk CQC SERPA Level 2?

Eagleeye

imported post

Here's the Link to the Blackhawk Page & a pic of the one i'm intrested in.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=4100&C=C2090

4100_0.JPG

My Questions, Is the Paddle Rubberized?
And can it me adjusted to diffrent angles?

Thanks!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Eagleeye wrote:
Here's the Link to the Blackhawk Page & a pic of the one i'm intrested in.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=4100&C=C2090

4100_0.JPG

My Questions, Is the Paddle Rubberized?
And can it me adjusted to diffrent angles?

Thanks!

It's NOT rubberized but it fits LIKE A GLOW. NOBODY can "yank" it out. I carry it EVERY with the paddle. LOVE the Serpa. Just finished of my Serpa Shoulder Harness today for my S&W 4006. I gotthe H&K P30 that fits for it. I carry my Kimber strong side in with the Paddle.

GET IT cuz YOU will LOVE IT

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

It can indeed be adjusted, but it is not a "roto" type adjustment. You must unfasten three screws that connect the paddle to the mounting plate on the body of the holster, then adjust the can't. All in all, it's a wonderfully stable and secure system that I think you will enjoy. Every single person that I have ever met/heard from that has bought it, loves it (myself included ;) )

UTOC-45-44

imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
It can indeed be adjusted, but it is not a "roto" type adjustment. You must unfasten three screws that connect the paddle to the mounting plate on the body of the holster, then adjust the can't. All in all, it's a wonderfully stable and secure system that I think you will enjoy. Every single person that I have ever met/heard from that has bought it, loves it (myself included ;) )

Your right, vmathis12019.

It can be worn as an FBI cant, straight cant and as a crossdraw cant.

swillden

imported post

I like mine. I use the belt loop attachment rather than the paddle, though. The paddle is plenty secure, but I find the belt loop more comfortable, and I like the fact that it allows me to slide the holster forward on the belt to position it in front of me where I can see it when I'm standing and to slide it back out of the way when I sit. The good thing is that the holster comes with both, so you can use whichever you like.

The other posters covered the adjustability.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Both of my primary carry weapons have those holsters. I usually carry them with the paddle attachment with an FBI cant as that adjustment makes it pretty much vertical when seated and comfortably canted forward standing, but either way, the firearm is always easily accessible. I'm planning on purchasing a CQC shoulder holster platform for them as well. Obviously I like them.

Bubba Ron

imported post

We have three of them, the paddles are really comfortable and hold the gun very close to your body. I'm not sure what you call rubberized, but these paddles are flexible, strong,and have three great retention features. The gun retention in the holster is excellant too!! With a good belt these are great holsters!!!

Eagleeye

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
I'm not sure what you call rubberized

Either Parts of or the whole paddle being covered with rubber to aid in grip of the clothing it's attached to, and sometimes increase the comfort.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Schofield wrote:
Are the ones on http://www.botachtactical.com/ the real and full SERPA at BlackHawk CQC SERPA Holster - Active Retention - Matte Finish ? I've seen them mentioned a few times before but I'm wary considering they're selling them for $33 and the official site has them for $50+... I know there's manufacturer markup but that's quite a bit.

They are the real ones. I buy my ones at the local Police Equipment Store at $33-40 dollars a piece.

ANY "Official" manufacturer sales their stuff at a higher price than dealers.

TJ

Dahwg

imported post

I saw this thread today and happened to be in the market for a Level II holster. I was previously using the Galco Matrix MX5 which has only a tension screw for retention so it is Level 0. As I have been doing more open carry, I have felt less and less comfortable with that rig. I wanted to avoid a gun grab.

What I like about the Galco is that it holds the gun very close to my body and has the FBI cant, also it's one of the few holsters made specifically formy CZ P-01. From reading the CZ forum, I know that most holsters that are made for the Glock 19 are a near perfect fit for the P-01, so I stopped by Diamondback Police Supply on my way home from work. I popped my CZ into the holster and sure enough- perfect fit. :celebrate

As I speak it's on my side with the FBI cant set up on the paddle- WAY more comfortable than my old holster. So far as gripping the clothing- that's the only downside I see so far- It grips too well- I have to practice taking it off. Damned thing is almost impossible to pull off of my pants. :cuss:

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Keep in mind, these holsters are not actually level 2. They're level 1.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Eagleeye wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
I'm not sure what you call rubberized
Either Parts of or the whole paddle being covered with rubber to aid in grip of the clothing it's attached to, and sometimes increase the comfort.
Try a Blackhawk CQC Serpa holsterand you won't be disappointed - they are very comfortable with the paddle configuration, we got ours from: www.impactguns.com .

Dahwg

imported post

hmmm. the guy in the vieod called them level II. Doesn't matter, it's a great holster- comfortable and secure. I don't regret having made the purchase.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Dahwg wrote:
hmmm. the guy in the vieod called them level II. Doesn't matter, it's a great holster- comfortable and secure. I don't regret having made the purchase.
What video? I'm assuming you meant video..

Eagleeye

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Dahwg wrote:

Think he ment these, just noticed them myself (Quicktime is Required)

http://www.blackhawkvideos.com/holsters.html

Also, watch the CQC Acessories Video has a Rally Funny line in it about the weapon light holder.

"It also Has the ledge at the botom that locks the switch in position so that you don't accedentaly Illuminate yoursellf when you might not want to be Illuminated"
:?:lol:
rofltl4.gif

Ah man, writes this stuff?

Dahwg

imported post

Eagleeye wrote:
DreQo wrote:
Dahwg wrote:

Think he ment these, just noticed them myself (Quicktime is Required)

http://www.blackhawkvideos.com/holsters.html

Actually there were several on You Tube. The one I saw was:

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKLtZDuXjNA

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0XF9gtI7z8&NR=1
Chuck Buis from Blackhawk states that it'sa level II