• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC or CC..on a motorcycle...any Washington LEO's out there?

Sean

imported post

I am considering shifting to a drop tactical holster (thigh) for ease and comfort. So

1) does a holster with a flap change your category back to CC (I don't think it does/should).

2) I ride a motorcycle, the tactical rig would make it much better for me in keeping the gun secure etc. yet accessible.

3) Is someoneon a motorcycle treated like they are in a car or is it still open carry.

I am sure that with my long hair,beard and riding a harley will get the sherriff called either way....I was just wondering from which side of the fence I would be discussing this when I get stopped.

and yes...i know the difference between a hoover and a harley.

just_a_car

imported post

I know it's been discussed to a stalemate before on these boards, but it's unclear as to whether being on a motorcycle constitutes "in any vehicle" (Ref: RCW 9.41.050), but if you have your WA CPL, it's a moot point, as it's then legal.

ATCer

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I know it's been discussed to a stalemate before on these boards, but it's unclear as to whether being on a motorcycle constitutes "in any vehicle" (Ref: RCW 9.41.050), but if you have your WA CPL, it's a moot point, as it's then legal.

Agreed. However, if you wanted to get really technical about it, I'm not exactly sure how you would get "in" a motorcycle as you would get on a motorcycle.

I used to know an FTO who would ride his motorcycle to work with his duty belt exposed and jacket over his uniform top. Obviously he was LEO, so he could basically do whatever he wanted. However, it wasn't readily identifiable that he was LEO.

Grain of salt thing I guess.

Misguided Child

imported post

FWIW, I ride a Harley with my sidearm on a regular hip holster (Blackhawk Serpa) and haven't had any problems yet here in Snohomish county or Seattle. I also learned about OC after I noticed Agent47 ride away from work on his bike and haven't heard anything from him about problems with LE. I am not a longhair biker type though, more like short hair, shaved, management type.