• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Smokey Point

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My wife wanted to go out to dinner tonight because neither one of us wanted to cook. We headed to out local Buzz-Inn Steak house in Smokey Point

I was open carrying my Taurus PT111 in my Don Hume Double-Nine thumb break holster. Because of where we were seated, I was pretty exposed. Everyone coming into the dining room had no choice but to see me sitting there with my gun at my side.

As we were eating our meal, I noticed a guy goup to the waitress at the counter. He tried to be quiet, but he wasn't wasn't quiet enough because it was easy to overhear the conversation:

Customer: Did you see that guy over there with the GUN?!

Waitress: Yes. kinda scary huh?

Customer: Yea, arn't you gonna call the cops or something?

Waitress: Why? Carrying a gun isn't illegal.

Customer: But it's a GUN! Sure it is!

Waitress: Nope.

At that point the guy went back to his seat. I could FEEL his eyes just watching me the rest of our visit.

Well... at least the waitress knows the law!

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
My wife wanted to go out to dinner tonight because neither one of us wanted to cook.   We headed to out local Buzz-Inn Steak house in Smokey Point

I was open carrying my Taurus PT111 in my Don Hume Double-Nine thumb break holster.  Because of where we were seated,  I was pretty exposed.  Everyone coming into the dining room had no choice but to see me sitting there with my gun at my side.

As we were eating our meal, I noticed a guy go up to the waitress at the counter.  He tried to be quiet, but he wasn't wasn't quiet enough because it was easy to overhear the conversation:

Customer:  Did you see that guy over there with the GUN?!

Waitress:  Yes.  kinda scary huh?

Customer: Yea, arn't you gonna call the cops or something?

Waitress:  Why?  Carrying a gun isn't illegal.

Customer:  But it's a GUN!  Sure it is!

Waitress:  Nope.

At that point the guy went back to his seat.  I could FEEL his eyes just watching me the rest of our visit.

Well... at least the waitress knows the law!

You should've walked over, extended your hand, introduced yourself, and gave him a copy of the washington open carry brochure ;)

amlevin

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
The waitress deserves a banana! :celebrate
I'll see your :celebrateand raise you a
1.gif

jbone

imported post

OC at Safeway in Smokey Piont a few days ago. My first time,no probelms other than it felt weird.

jbone

imported post

Have any of you heard of any establishments in Smokey Point to avoid (not carry friendly).

jbone

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
jbone wrote:
Have any of you heard of any establishments in Smokey Point to avoid (not carry friendly).

Costco.

They will never see another dime of my money

I remember seeing you on the "Costco Policy" post mentioning this. That sucks! I'll try to wean my wife off Costco.