• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Where to shoot?

grease63s

imported post

Other than indoor or established ranges, Where do you all like to shoot? I don't find many ranges that encourage draw and fire, rapid fire, etc.

I used to shoot outside of Sultan way back when, and sometimes I can find a place up the Mountain Loop Highway past Granite Falls. Both areas have issues now.

At the risk of giving away secret spots :) Is there anywhere in Skagit, King or Snohomish that works out well for y'all?

amlevin

imported post

If you do find a good area there, just be sure to police up all your brass and trash. The main reason that shooting areas are disappearing is the mountain of trash left behind by irresponsible shooters. Also avoid damaging trees. Some think it is fun to try and cut down a tree with a couple of mags in their AR or AK.

I used to do a lot of Dirt Bike riding on the trails of Eastern WA. Our group used to carry garbage bags and we ended up hauling out at least twice the stuff we brought in. At the areas I have found to shoot in it looks like nobody takes anything home to the garbage.

BigDaddy5

imported post

Although it's a drive for you, the NCW Gun Club in East Wenatchee is quite the deal. 50 bucks a year, unlimited access during daylight hours, multiple ranges (1-300 yard rifle, 200 yard rifle, 100 yard small caliber, 50 yard pistol, skeet, and 600 yard rifle). It's an outdoor range which relies mainly on members to police themselves. Since there are few members on the range at any one time, it's a very safe facility.

I can not think of a better range to be apart of. There is no problem with holster draws, rapid fire, or anything else.

Generally when I go, there are very few times when I have to share a range with people.

just_a_car

imported post

Honestly, if I end up finding a place that is all littered with shells, I'll likely leave it 10x cleaner than when I got there. I mean, collect all those shells, seperate out the steel with strong magnets, pick out the aluminum (somehow), and sell the brass either as scrap or once-fired (or unknown-fired, use-at-own-risk) brass. You'd probably easily pay for your next box of ammo, if not case of ammo.

carhark

Opt-Out Members
Kitsap & Whatcom Counties, Washington, USA
imported post

I've been to a range in Seabeck a couple times, where they allow fully automatic fire. Rumor has it as well that some people have used suppressors there as well, but I beleive the people firing fully automatic weapons and using suppresors are law enforcement officers.

just_a_car

imported post

carhark wrote:
I've been to a range in Seabeck a couple times, where they allow fully automatic fire. Rumor has it as well that some people have used suppressors there as well, but I beleive the people firing fully automatic weapons and using suppresors are law enforcement officers.
They have to be, otherwise they're breaking state law.

Trigger Dr

imported post

That would be the Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club. Marcus Carter runs the club as an "employee". I have known Marc for some 20 years and left the club due to their leaning toward the "Malitia" mentality. Yes, there is some full auto fire there and they shoot the big 50's also.

Marc had an AR confiscated several years ago as it was classified as Full Auto capable. He fought and basically won the case, but has never had the gun returned. Also he was booted out of the NRA as a result.

Marc is a good person, I just do not subscribe to his philosophy.

I find nothing wrong with a malitia in the truese sense of the word, but these guys are on the radical side of it. If any of you (KR&R Members)are following this post, feel free to step in and correct me if I am wrong. If you do not, then we can presume that I am correct.

amlevin

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
That would be the Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club. Marcus Carter runs the club as an "employee". I have known Marc for some 20 years and left the club due to their leaning toward the "Malitia" mentality. Yes, there is some full auto fire there and they shoot the big 50's also.

Marc had an AR confiscated several years ago as it was classified as Full Auto capable. He fought and basically won the case, but has never had the gun returned. Also he was booted out of the NRA as a result.

Marc is a good person, I just do not subscribe to his philosophy.

I find nothing wrong with a malitia in the truese sense of the word, but these guys are on the radical side of it. If any of you (KR&R Members)are following this post, feel free to step in and correct me if I am wrong. If you do not, then we can presume that I am correct.
You are most likely correct except that "Malitia" is really spelled "Militia".

Bear 45/70

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
carhark wrote:
Nottrue. You can have a full auto shoot in this state, but it take the correct permits and licenses and major hoops jumped thru. There is a shoot almost every year for the state legislators that Olympic Arms has FA weapons at for them to shoot. Now anyone can have an FA shoot any Oregon. They hold them almost monthly in Albany. Washington law says you can't own them, nothing about shooting them.

joeroket

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
carhark wrote:
Nottrue. You can have a full auto shoot in this state, but it take the correct permits and licenses and major hoops jumped thru. There is a shoot almost every year for the state legislators that Olympic Arms has FA weapons at for them to shoot. Now anyone can have an FA shoot any Oregon. They hold them almost monthly in Albany. Washington law says you can't own them, nothing about shooting them.
It actually says that you cannot possess or have one under your control unless it was aquired prior to July 1, 1994 and is possesed in compliance with federal law. You are partially correct as the state law does say you cannot shoot one because that would be having it under your control, but there is an exemption that allows for it under the right circumstances.