Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCDL

Post imported post

Last week I decided I was long overdue to join the VCDL; so I signed up on their website and paid via paypal.

I have yet to get any email from VCDL but it looks like the transaction went through.

I figure they are all very busy right now doing awesome work with the GA in session; but I wanted to ask anyone who has joined over the website if they got an email from them or if I should just be watching "snail" mail.

Thanks in Advance.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

VCDL is pretty slow on processing the stuff. They are always busy and I'd rather see them doing what they're doing right now. It's worth the wait......
    BTW, welcome to the club!

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    VCDL is pretty slow on processing the stuff. They are always busy and I'd rather see them doing what they're doing right now. It's worth the wait......
    BTW, welcome to the club!
    Thats what I figured. I totally agree, I am glad they are busy doing their goodness at the GA.

I was more concerned that paypal somehow screwed up.

Paypal has twice sent the wrong email to the payee, and once did not send a street adresss to the payee.

Post imported post

I understand your concern. I wish they'd drop Paypal. It's ironic that such a successful Pro Gun Organization would use such a blatant anti gun payment service.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Hang in there, Skeptic. It does take a long time to receive your membership info via snailmail, but it's well worth it. Thanks for joining VCDL. It is a model grass-roots organization.

Post imported post

Welcome aboard Skeptic.

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    I understand your concern. I wish they'd drop Paypal. It's ironic that such a successful Pro Gun Organization would use such a blatant anti gun payment service.
    I second the motion!
    Phil, if you're reading this, check out GearPay.com, they are actively 2A friendly.

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Not speaking for Phil here, but remember that VCDL is an -all volunteer- grass roots organization which draws it's strength from it's membership. Applications can be rec'd from a bunch of different venues and electronically but they're centrally processed. There's no data entry staff over in Bangalore doing this.

As for Paypal, that topic comes up now and again. One of many in the field of anti-gun. Love it, hate it, or somewhere in between it is ubiquitous...

Please be understanding on the membership delay, it will get processed.

Post imported post

I joined via Paypal, it took about 3-4 months to recv my membership card. Unless you really need that card pronto it's a moot point. As of the second you paid, you're a member. Welcome!

Post imported post

The best money you will spend defending your 2nd ammendment rights here in VA.

Welcome aboard.

Post imported post

Wlcome to the League of Extraordinary Defence ofVirginia Citizens. When you are admitted into the secret initiation ceremony, don't forget to just relax...it's only a sheep, and it's been cleared by a vet so it's clean (just kidding ).

When I joined I paid by check and it took a while. But they'll get to it. In the meantime, it's okay, I have yet for anyone to ask me to show my membership card.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Yep. You're in.
    The only time you'd need a membership card is if you wanted to participate in a CMP buy. If you needed it that quickly, you could send off a quick e-mail to the board and they'd get you a card out of cycle, I'm sure.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

deleted to remove answer based on misunderstood question.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    About what, the sheep? You're not supposed to talk about that!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    About what, the sheep? You're not supposed to talk about that!
    No. Somehow I confused the wondered-about confirmation e-mail with receiving VA-Alerts.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    That is because they have looked at every 'recommend' service to replace paypal and they all offer less service and cost more.

If you have a recommendation send it to Mack - he is the treasurer.

In the past 2 years I think this has come up about 5 times.

Post imported post

pourshot wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    That is because they have looked at every 'recommend' service to replace paypal and they all offer less service and cost more.

I think it's kind of funny that a bunch of gun-haters' web service is being used to bolster one of the best gun rights organizations.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    I think it's kind of funny that a bunch of gun-haters' web service is being used to bolster one of the best gun rights organizations.
    Wasn't it Mark Twain that said something to the effect, "America doesn't trust in God anymore. It trusts in the Republican Party and the dollar. Mainly the dollar."

Post imported post

I paid with PAYPAL and received my membership card and other information via "snail mail" within 4 business days.

Post imported post

pourshot wrote:
    peter nap wrote:

I wish I had a recommendation to make.....It's a lot easier to gripe than find a solution

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    I wish I had a recommendation to make.....It's a lot easier to gripe than find a solution

That is true for many people. As a matter of fact, I think that is what makes the anti-gunner side so vocal and, at the same time,ineffective. - Thank goodness!

(but do not let me hijack the thread with that statement)

Post imported post

Thanks , all

It was the very least I could do. I have been a free rider on the hard won victories of the VCDL for too long.

But considering how rabidly anti gun Obama is, I felt it was a pressing need to finally make the move.

Does the VCDL do other fundraisers? With a 60 hour a week job, a 8 hour a week commute, and 2 small kids 4 and under, my time to volunteer is definitely lacking. But while I am not rich, I do believe in backing my convictions as best I can.

Post imported post

Skeptic wrote:
    But while I am not rich, I do believe in backing my convictions as best I can.
    Then recruit - get people to sign up for the VA-Alert and if possible, join!

Post imported post

I did get my membership info, thanks to all

I noticed VCDL sells the GUNS SAVE LIVES sticker on their site, but i do not see anywhere to acquire one with the circular VCDL logo.

I don't know if they have had those in the past, but if it takes some money to print some up I would be willing to kick in for the overhead cost within reason. Maybe if anyone else were interested in buying a sticker like that I would contact the league about it.

I know it will look great next to the oval Gadsden's Flag (don't tread on Me) sticker I am getting. Or under the Gonzales Flag (Come and Take IT) sticker :celebrate:celebrate and maybe one on my side rear window too.

Post imported post

Skeptic wrote:
    I did get my membership info, thanks to all

2-22 to 3-7....WOW I guess the changes they made to the membership process are working better than expected! Welcome aboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast