• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Last week I decided I was long overdue to join the VCDL; so I signed up on their website and paid via paypal.

I have yet to get any email from VCDL but it looks like the transaction went through.

I figure they are all very busy right now doing awesome work with the GA in session; but I wanted to ask anyone who has joined over the website if they got an email from them or if I should just be watching "snail" mail.

Thanks in Advance.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

VCDL is pretty slow on processing the stuff. They are always busy and I'd rather see them doing what they're doing right now. It's worth the wait......
BTW, welcome to the club!:dude:

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

peter nap wrote:
VCDL is pretty slow on processing the stuff. They are always busy and I'd rather see them doing what they're doing right now. It's worth the wait......
BTW, welcome to the club!:dude:
Thats what I figured. I totally agree, I am glad they are busy doing their goodness at the GA.

I was more concerned that paypal somehow screwed up. :D

Paypal has twice sent the wrong email to the payee, and once did not send a street adresss to the payee.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I understand your concern. I wish they'd drop Paypal. It's ironic that such a successful Pro Gun Organization would use such a blatant anti gun payment service.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hang in there, Skeptic. It does take a long time to receive your membership info via snailmail, but it's well worth it. Thanks for joining VCDL. It is a model grass-roots organization.

zoom6zoom

imported post

peter nap wrote:
I understand your concern. I wish they'd drop Paypal. It's ironic that such a successful Pro Gun Organization would use such a blatant anti gun payment service.
I second the motion!
Phil, if you're reading this, check out GearPay.com, they are actively 2A friendly.

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

Not speaking for Phil here, but remember that VCDL is an -all volunteer- grass roots organization which draws it's strength from it's membership. Applications can be rec'd from a bunch of different venues and electronically but they're centrally processed. There's no data entry staff over in Bangalore doing this. ;)

As for Paypal, that topic comes up now and again. One of many in the field of anti-gun. Love it, hate it, or somewhere in between it is ubiquitous...

Please be understanding on the membership delay, it will get processed.

IanB

imported post

I joined via Paypal, it took about 3-4 months to recv my membership card. Unless you really need that card pronto it's a moot point. As of the second you paid, you're a member. Welcome!

Tomahawk

imported post

Wlcome to the League of Extraordinary Defence ofVirginia Citizens. When you are admitted into the secret initiation ceremony, don't forget to just relax...it's only a sheep, and it's been cleared by a vet so it's clean (just kidding ;)).

When I joined I paid by check and it took a while. But they'll get to it. In the meantime, it's okay, I have yet for anyone to ask me to show my membership card.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Yep. You're in.
The only time you'd need a membership card is if you wanted to participate in a CMP buy. If you needed it that quickly, you could send off a quick e-mail to the board and they'd get you a card out of cycle, I'm sure.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Citizen wrote:
deleted to remove answer based on misunderstood question.
About what, the sheep? You're not supposed to talk about that!

No. Somehow I confused the wondered-about confirmation e-mail with receiving VA-Alerts.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

peter nap wrote:

That is because they have looked at every 'recommend' service to replace paypal and they all offer less service and cost more.

If you have a recommendation send it to Mack - he is the treasurer.

In the past 2 years I think this has come up about 5 times.

Tomahawk

imported post

pourshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:

That is because they have looked at every 'recommend' service to replace paypal and they all offer less service and cost more.

I think it's kind of funny that a bunch of gun-haters' web service is being used to bolster one of the best gun rights organizations.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
I think it's kind of funny that a bunch of gun-haters' web service is being used to bolster one of the best gun rights organizations.

Wasn't it Mark Twain that said something to the effect, "America doesn't trust in God anymore. It trusts in the Republican Party and the dollar. Mainly the dollar."

GoldDot

imported post

I paid with PAYPAL and received my membership card and other information via "snail mail" within 4 business days.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

pourshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:

I wish I had a recommendation to make.....It's a lot easier to gripe than find a solution :banghead: