• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Castle County Get-Together #3

Myopicvisionary

imported post

Its a Kimber...but its not crrraaaappp! I have been trying to get to the IHOP on the appointed dates but fate has always thrown a monkeywrench in the fan. Can't wait to meet the crew.

Attachments

• Pistol range.gif
    Pistol range.gif
    18 KB · Views: 296

dave_in_delaware

imported post

I know you were only presenting options. Options are good. I had considered maybe going to LRGC, too. They have a great range there. But it's up in PA an hour away. That would definitely defeat the purpose of our LOCAL Delaware meet. LOL.

I'm guessing Ommelanden is our only "local range" option at this point, unless someone has a membership somewhere and they allow guests or groups??

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

So, we'll mark Saturday, March 22, 2008 for our gathering.

With kids, I'm usually up at the butt-crack of dawn, so I'm going to suggest meeting up at Ommelanden at 9am -- that's when the facility opens. I figure by 9:15 we'll all have paid and they'll have gotten someone down to physically open up the pistol/rifle range.

Thinking 9:30-10:30 we shoot, then hit someplace (suggestions? IHOP?) for a brunch, 10:45-12:00.

Thoughts?

dave_in_delaware

imported post

OK, so it sounds like March 22nd is the date then?? And we're definitely doing the shoot/eat option?

Ommelanden sells targets, or you can bring your own targets (BYOT). They do NOT sell ammo, so stop by Wal-Mart nearby and stock up before going to the range. Last I was there, they still provide foam earplugs (free), or you can bring your own muffs. They provide a backdrop to post targets.They usually have a staple gun for hanging your targets. I usually bring tapeor thumbtacks in case there's no staple gun.I guess it's still $5/hour/person.

How long do you think it'll go on? I'm sure it'll depend on how many lanes we can get for ourselves. But then it'll be a good idea to get there at openinbg time, instead of later.

For those who want free targets (just print them yourself), I have some on my website: http://home.comcast.net/~dave_in_delaware/GunStuff.htmJust click on "Target Designs" and save a pdf and print 'til your heart's content. I'll also try to bring extra's along.

Jeff the Baptist

imported post

Woo hoo, ditching Targetmaster carried the day! I dropped my membership there after I bought my own guns and the staff still kept telling me what I could shoot in them. No thanks. And Ommelanden is cheaper.

9am at Ommelanden on the 22nd? I'll try to make it. Saturday mornings are tough for me, but still better than Friday nights.

dave_in_delaware

imported post

For those who don't know, Ommelanden is located at:

1205 River Road (Route 9), New Castle, DE 19720,phone (302) 323-5333. It's just north of Federal School Lane (cross street w/ River Road), across from thesoccer field. Andjust south of the National guard Training Station.

Overall, it's north of Route 72, South of Route 273, East of Route 13, and West of the River. In the middle of all of that.

Giustiniani

imported post

I'll attempt to make the 22nd also. I have a bunch of 9mm and some .223 to burn up since it's getting old. I have a Bushmaster M4 that I REEEAAAALLLYYY need to sight in. It's been a while since my Army days so I can't really remember how to do it, if anyone is going to be there and willing to help me do so.

I'll also bring along some .45 if there would be anyone willing to let me use one of theirs.

Gwee

ChefW

imported post

Giustiniani wrote:
I'll attempt to make the 22nd also. I have a bunch of 9mm and some .223 to burn up since it's getting old. I have a Bushmaster M4 that I REEEAAAALLLYYY need to sight in. It's been a while since my Army days so I can't really remember how to do it, if anyone is going to be there and willing to help me do so.

I'll also bring along some .45 if there would be anyone willing to let me use one of theirs.

Gwee
I was in the marines until last year. I could help you with that.

dave_in_delaware

imported post

If anyone would be interested in trying/using anything from my humble little arsenal, let me know:

- XD-9 service and subbie models

- Savage Mark II-F .22lr bolt action (scoped)

- Ithaca Model 37 12-gauge shottie

- Mosin Nagant 91/30 (not sure if they'd let us shoot that one).

I'm planning to bring the .22lr rifle (w/ plenty of ammo) and both XD's (one or two WWB Value packs) for sure. I'll only bring the other(s) if there's interest in them (even if it's just to have a look-see). Let me know.

Plus, I'll try to have some AQT targets printed if anyone wants to take that test w/ my .22lr rifle. I'll also bring other targets if anyone "forgets" (or is too cheap to buy some). LOL.

stephpd

imported post

Getting a new toy this week, a Taurus Judge. Can't wait to try out the little shotgun.;)

I'll bring my other Taurii as well. Pt111 and pt145.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Venomsplat wrote:
Thats works for me I'm looking foward to metting all of you and BTW I'm getting my Concealed Weapon from Florida all my freinds down here in Dover got them. http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html

Just take take a class go get your finger prints send you money and there ya go.
Just so you know, as a Delaware resident, you're still required to have your Delaware CCDW to legally carry here. Ideally, you'll want to have your home states' permit, Utah and Florida... that'll allow you to conceal in 40+ states, if I recall correctly.

I currently have my DE and PA licenses, so I'm good in about 26 states.

sprat

imported post

Venom

you can notcarry on a non resident Florida permit in delaware "IF" you are a resident of Delaware, attorney generals position not mine. that permit is good for Pa and 30 plus other states, but not good "IF" your a resident, carrying in Delaware.

stay safe and use extreme caution, oh and welcome to the group

Sprat Florida Res -CCW

gotarheels03

imported post

I think I can make the 22nd. I have an AR that I haven't had the chance to shoot yet.

In fact, I've never shot a long gun before, so if anyone could give me some basic pointers while we're there that'd be great.

Too bad both my sigs are out for refinishing and won't be back before the 22nd.

radnor

imported post

gotarheels03 wrote:
I have an AR that I haven't had the chance to shoot yet.

Granted, it's new. But clean it! Also since it's new get some CLP (or what ever you use) and lube the bolt. It may be dry as a bone.

bms429

imported post

I will try to make it as well. Has been a while since I have been to a real range. Been doing a lot of shooting at a farm at stuff which is a lot more fun than hitting paper.