• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cincinnati news: Prosecutor is pro self-defense

Evil Ernie

imported post

OK, we need to clone him...that dude is freakin awesome! I can't stomach the sissynanny editorializing of the TV station tho..."So far, no innocent bystanders have been shot by 'pistol packin' storeowners..." Ecccchhh....

LEO 229

imported post

I was watching one of those "outrageous behavior caught on tape" shows last night.

This one was all about citizens fighting back. It was great to watch because the the bad guy was getting more than he bargained for.

The hotel clerk shooting the guy three times in the news clip was also on the video.

I am all for the people being armed and fighting backwhen they are being attacked.

I figure if they do not stop the threat..the bad guywill eventually make someone else a victim. But it is not right to go "hunting" when the threat is running away. But I would never change someone for it.

So it is nice to see there is a prosecutor like this too.

You go Joe!!

Stealth Potato

imported post

Hah, love it! Best quote:

Reporter: "How far can the store owner chase the robber down the street, firing at them? How far can they chase them?"
Prosecutor: "Pretty far."

We need more prosecutors like Joe Deters. This is how to be tough on crime!