• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady email says Heller = Insurrectionism

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This email from a fellow Virginian:

February 21, 2008
Forward to a Friend >

Insurrectionism: A Real Threat to America

I am writing to call your attention to a blog I authored that appeared yesterday on the Huffington Post.

The title of the blog is "Will the U.S. Supreme Court Endorse a Right to Armed Revolt Against Government?" and it addresses the historical Second Amendment case that will be heard by the Court next month, Heller v. District of Columbia.

Donate Now!The Supreme Court will be reviewing a decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit that declared the District of Columbia's handgun ban unconstitutional. That decision marked the first time in history that a federal appellate court has struck down a gun law on Second Amendment grounds. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit also became the first to declare that the Second Amendment has an "insurrectionist" purpose. Essentially, the court ruled that individuals have a right to take up private firearms to defend against the "depredations of a tyrannical government."

The recent tragic shootings in Missouri at a city council meeting are a grim reminder of what such anti-government violence looks like in practice. Many Americans will also forever remember Timothy McVeigh's bombing of the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City in 1995. When McVeigh committed this heinous act, he wore a t-shirt emblazoned with a quote from Thomas Jefferson: "THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED FROM TIME TO TIME WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS."

I believe that pro-gun extremists have twisted the meaning of our Constitution and the Second Amendment by promoting vigilante "justice" over the rule of law and governance by democratic institutions. For the sake of our democracy and the safety of America's families, I believe it is imperative that the Supreme Court reject their insurrectionist premise.

I do hope you enjoy the blog and feel free to leave comments there with your own thoughts on this important issue.

Best regards,

Josh Horwitz
Executive Director

The Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence
1023 15th St., NW, Ste. 301, Washington, DC 20005
202-408-7560 | development@csgv.org

If you have received this message from a friend, please visit Home - CSGV.org and sign up for information on our activities. When you register, you can modify your email communication preferences, make a personal profile or remove yourself from all email lists and visit the site whenever you please.

The Brady's paint us as Tim McVeighs and city council executioners. Is there any question that Liberalism = Mental Defective :question:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

D'yall remember John Hancock or should I write
JOHN HANCOCK?

I, Doug Huffman am pleased to be denounced as insurrectionist by the likes of the Brady's distemperate sockpuppet Josh Horowitz.

DOUG HUFFMAN

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

hsmith

imported post

Odd, I have no desire to revolt against my government. I want to live peacefully and go about my life, keeping my income and my right to protect myself.

I wish we lived in a world where personal protection wasn't necessary, I really wish we did. But back in reality, that isn't the world we live in.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

hsmith wrote:
Odd, I have no desire to revolt against my government. I want to live peacefully and go about my life, keeping my income and my right to protect myself.

I wish we lived in a world where personal protection wasn't necessary, I really wish we did. But back in reality, that isn't the world we live in.

I want to live peacefully and go about my life, keeping my income and my right to protect myself too.

However I believe it is becoming clearer and clearer that our government has no intention of allowing the people to do this. What the government regards as peace is not the same as my peace.The governments idea of liberty is different than what mine is. The government desires to have what is mine,all thatI have earned, and I want to keep it. The government wishes to offer me 'protection' paid for by income stolen from me, in exchange for my right to keep and bear arms, my means of self-defense.

There is nothing between me and my government save two things; the United States Consititution and my firearms. One is a piece of parchment, the other is a reminder to read what the parchment says.

If I am to be marked by theives and traitorsas an insurrectionist, so be it. But let it be known that no free man need to cow in the face of an unjust authority. Live free, or die.

Tomahawk

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
hsmith wrote:

I want to live peacefully and go about my life, keeping my income and my right to protect myself too.

However I believe it is becoming clearer and clearer that our government has no intention of allowing the people to do this. What the government regards as peace is not the same as my peace.The governments idea of liberty is different than what mine is. The government desires to have what is mine,all thatI have earned, and I want to keep it. The government wishes to offer me 'protection' paid for by income stolen from me, in exchange for my right to keep and bear arms, my means of self-defense.

There is nothing between me and my government save two things; the United States Consititution and my firearms. One is a piece of parchment, the other is a reminder to read what the parchment says.

If I am to be marked by theives and traitorsas an insurrectionist, so be it. But let it be known that no free man need to cow in the face of an unjust authority. Live free, or die.
Take heart. At the state level we have been gaining for almost 2 decades, now, and with the recent news that the NP rules may change, it seems we are having an effect even on the federal level. Don't let the Brady bastards get you down.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

That clown and the whole Brady Bunch are fools who have failed to learn the lessons of history, whilst greedily andselfishly thirsting for power and control of others. They are vile should be rightlydespised amongst free men.

According to Encyclopedia Britannica, the entire American Revolution was an "insurrection"! See how these people spit on the very heritage that enables them to even SPEAK those words!

American Revolutionalso called United States War of Independence [/b]or American Revolutionary War[/b] (1775–83), insurrection by which 13 of Great Britain's North American colonies won political independence and went on to form the United States of America. The war followed more than a decade of growing estrangement between the British crown and a large and influential segment of its North American colonies that was caused by British attempts to assert greater control over…

I consider it a HIGH COMPLIMENT to be compared toour forefathers, those who declared, defined and secured the very independence that we enjoy today!

Ideclare that by their own actions, the Brady Campaign,Sarah Brady, Schumer, Boxter, Kennedy, Feinstein, The Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence, Mr. Horwitz, and all of their pallid ilk, by theirdeed and word, haven proven themselves to bethetrue enemy of The People, of the Constitution and of America herself.

May God Bless America! May the Revolution Never End!

(Some foolswith political motives maythink Revolution means war, when it only means "time of change" and since America is a "work in progress", may we never stop changing!)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"I believe that pro-gun extremists have twisted the meaning of our Constitution and the Second Amendment by promoting vigilante "justice" over the rule of law and governance by democratic institutions. For the sake of our democracy and the safety of America's families, I believe it is imperative that the Supreme Court reject their insurrectionist premise."

Governance by republican institutions .... these a$$hats don't even recognize that this is a republic and not a democracy.

Flintlock

imported post

This is verywell said.. My compliments.