• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delaware Open Carry Group Photo

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Here's the picture that Sprat took last night -- I've cropped it, wiped out the camera time stamp and added names for everyone. Enjoy!

[align=center]
ocdode.jpg

[/align]

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Y'all are definitely more civilized than the Northern VA crowd. We wouldn't have stopped eating just have our picture taken. :)

radnor

imported post

MustangDave wrote:
Damn I missed a big one. The first one was just 5 of us.

Me too, Dave. Hopefully next time. I had to look at this again to see if I remember seeing any of you at the range.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Mike wrote:
Great work folks!

Was there any press interest?
Didn't actually considering persuing it -- maybe one of the future meetings we might see if the News Journal is interested and if the managers of the establishment are good with it.

dave_in_delaware

imported post

Awesome photo! Thanks for uploading it!

Aww, look at my fianceein the frontwith all smiles, and her XD-9 subbie partaking in the festivities. You might think she was having a good time, being aurrounded by all those... guns. That's the happiest she's been for a while, well, at least since the Rally Point when she shot the .50BMG (twice).

"Dave's Keeper" huh?? :shock:Hopefully she'll join our fine forum soon (hint hint, since Carmen is standing here watching my type. LOL)...

We had an awesome time everyone. Thanks to all for a great night!

Mike wrote:
Great work folks!

Was there any press interest?
Wynder wrote:

Didn't actually considering persuing it -- maybe one of the future meetings we might see if the News Journal is interested and if the managers of the establishment are good with it.
I'm sorry to say, butthat idea doesn't sit 100% well w/ me.This is a two-edged sword for me: On one edge, I'd rather NOT draw attention to ourselves. Especially with the way law enforcement doesn't seem to know (or doesn't want to acknowledge) that OC is lawful in DE. Plus, do we want the public (good and BAD) to be able to recognize our faces while we're out-and-about? On the other edge, public education would be a good thing, and letting the sheeple know that it's a Constututional right and personal choice to protect ourselves (and our family, and more importantly - in this case - the PUBLIC themselves) from evil people. Especially with all the recent shootings, robberies, etc that have been happening just this year so far... Hmmmm....

Thanks again for the photo!

radnor

imported post

dave_in_delaware wrote:
I'm sorry to say, butthat idea doesn't sit 100% well w/ me.
I agree with this too. I liked (sorry don't remember who it was - kids in McD's) talking to the lady who questioned him about the OC. She WANTED to know more about it, so she asked.

dave_in_delaware

imported post

radnor wrote:
I agree with this too. I liked (sorry don't remember who it was - kids in McD's) talking to the lady who questioned him about the OC. She WANTED to know more about it, so she asked.
I believe that was me (and my kids) when we were at McD's one time. I was actually thrilled that someone from "the public" inquired about it, and was very open and interested in the idea. I don't mind if someone questions me about OCing in DE while I'm out in public....

BUTthat's WAY different than a newspaper reporter interviewing me and misquoting me in a public newspaper. I certainly would prefer NOT to give any reportersANY opportunity to misquote, blow out of proportion, or gang-condemnus in a public newspaper. And you all know there's a good chance of that, despite their initial indicated "intentions"....

(And no, I don't like reporters - I trust them about as much as I trust politicians' promises during campaign rallies)

dave_in_delaware

imported post

Ya know,the more I look at that picture, and remember trying to see/hear some people, I'm thinking maybe we need to find a restaurant that has a large ROUND table....

quagmire

imported post

Great meeting everyone, looking forward to the next one. Did my second OC yesterday, Fox Run in bear, uneventful, dont think i got any second glances.

I could see the News Journal spinning our story in a direction that would put us in unfavorable spot, and coming out like the bad guys. I would rather answer questions put to me by and individual than try to explain the headline "Gun nuts running wild in New Castle county", they wont post pictures of the criminals that are taking over the city and county, but im sure our smiling faces would be plastered all over the page.

Any groups from other states, had any type of press coverage??

dave_in_delaware

imported post

The article doesn't say anything about the "victim" getting a ticket. But the two "punks" in the road rage car had painted the BB gun black to resemble a "real" gun. Go figure. Little children wanting to "act" like grown-ups and have a real gun. LOL.

stephpd

imported post

Knowing how the papers tend to get things wrong I'm waiting for this picture to end up in the paper with some BS story about a bunch of cowboys whooping it up at local restuarant scaring the natives.

Got a good laugh from the VA folks about us not eating while taking the picture.:lol: