• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah Non-Res Permit

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hey folks! While researching my Utah non-res permit, I discovered thatUtah has a listof out of state instructors whose training they accept.

Here's their Concealed Firearms Permit page: http://bci.utah.gov/CFP/CFPHome.html

Also, attached is the list of out of state Utah Instructors.Get a course by one of them, send in the complete application with fingerprint cards and paymentand you're good to go!

On the list of Utah out-of-state instructors, under VIRGINIA, you'll find our very own Philip Van Cleve (VCDLPresident), VCDL EM Bruce Jackson and VCDL Treasurer Kenneth Elliot!

EDIT: I just spoke to EM Bruce Jackson and he DOES still do training for both Virginia AND Utah (alternating weekends), so if you're in NOVA and interested in training for either (or BOTH),contact Bruce!

EDIT 2: Philip still does UTAH training as well!

Attachments

• UTAH Instructors Out Of State.pdf
    81.9 KB · Views: 436

zoom6zoom

imported post

Utah is a great permit to have. Less expensive than Florida, almost the same coverage, and I believe now has reciprocity with Nevada as well (Vegas, Baby?).

The processing time has been running over their advertised window (60 days?) because of the demand for them.

eyesopened

imported post

I've emailed Bruce twice, one time I got a response but he never mentioned when he was going to be doing the Utah classes again. I was pretty disappointed as I want to do my x-Country motorcycle trip with my firearm and the Utah permit would make it easier.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DoubleR wrote:
Who'd have thunk it. Small world. So howz Nevada, Bob. Did you get whacked bythe earthquake the other day?

Nevada is great and Reno is really cool. The people are friendly and it really is like a small town here. Nah, the quake was in NE Nevada in Wells, about 350 miles from here. We did get about 4 in of snow last night though!

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

eyesopened wrote:
I've emailed Bruce twice, one time I got a response but he never mentioned when he was going to be doing the Utah classes again. I was pretty disappointed as I want to do my x-Country motorcycle trip with my firearm and the Utah permit would make it easier.
eyesopened, PM sent.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

eyesopened wrote:

Bruce is really good about getting back to folks :cool:. I know...I am Bruce:p.

:celebrateSend a note to 4permits@gmail.com and I will send you a schedule.:celebrate

Bruce

eyesopened

imported post

Yup, I remember taking my basic pistol course from you at Shooters before they went up in flames. Looks like I'll be available for the March class. I'll need to look at a few things but you'll be hearing from me in a few days :cool:

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
Utah is a great permit to have. Less expensive than Florida, almost the same coverage, and I believe now has reciprocity with Nevada as well (Vegas, Baby?).

The processing time has been running over their advertised window (60 days?) because of the demand for them.
Both Florida and Utah now have reciprocity with Nevada, but Utah's permitalso covers you in Minnesota and Washington, neither of which has reciprocity with Florida.

bohdi

imported post

Hey just an update this is still going on. My father in law and I are going, I can bring 2 more in my car from the Centreville area. PM me an let me know if your interesed.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thank you for the kind words. I wish I could do it more often, but I just cannot seem to find the right (say cheap) way to advertise.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Have you put flyers at Gilberts and other ranges? Dawsons and other stores?

I want to take the class. Can you send me a schedule, please? Your other half has my e-mail address.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gilbert's has, or at least had,someone there that does it. I do not think they would appreciate the competition. I have run cards up to Dawson's on several occasions. They have produced 2 students.

I will keep you posted on the upcoming classes. I need to pick some dates for the next 2 or three months.