• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah Non-Res Permit

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

les_aker wrote:
Does Utah have a time period to issue like VA's 45 day limit?

They have a 60 day goal, but they have been passing that based on the volume of non-resident permits. I just got an email from a prior student. She got her Utah permit in 2.5 months. From her email...

"Just wanted to let you know that my Utah permit came yesterday. I was charged on 2/16, so it took less than 2 mos from date of charge. It took them 2 weeks from mailing to charge me, so the whole process took 2.5 months."

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Because some of you have asked - here is the post that went out for the next class...

Hey all!

The April Classes were great! From the comments I have received everyone had a great time. (now I am wondering if they have signed up for the VA Alert yet!)

Looking at the calender and trying to figure out how the summer is going to play out, I have decided to schedule just one set of classes for the time being. That is in early June.

If you, or someone you know, wants in please let me know as soon as possible.

If you want a safety class for any reason to include applying for a Permit to Carry a Concealed Handgun in Virginia, you only need to attend one 6 hour class. If you want a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit you only need to attend one DIFFERENT 6 hour class.

Virginia (Saturday class)
2008 – June 7th 10AM to 5PM (lunch 1PM to 2PM (approximately))

To sign up for the Utah class it is requested that you either HAVE a permit from your home state or at least currently QUALIFY for a Virginia permit. Also note that there IS a range requirement for the Utah Class.

Utah (Sunday class)
2008 – June 8th Noon to 6PM (no lunch)

Classes are held in the North Stafford area at a couple of different locations. A couple of days before the class, directions will be provided to those who have registered,

The cost is $100.00 (cash) paid the day of the class.

However, prepayment (check received at least 7 calendar days prior to the class / Money Order received at least 3 calendar days prior to the class) gets you a $25.00 discount on the course fee, a nicer printed certificate instead of a hand written one, and a guaranteed seat in the class.

To prepay send an email so we will know to expect something from you and include answers to the questions below.

Then send a check or money order to:

Bruce Jackson
PO Box 397
Garrisonville, VA 22463

Include a note with:
Name, as you want it on the certificate
Address
Best phone number
Best email address
Basic description of shooting experience
The date of the class you wish to take.
Basic description of what you would like to learn/cover
How you found out about the class

AND---IF YOU WANT TO TAKE A UTAH CLASS…
Do you have a 9mm or 38 special gun and ammo to use?
Or do you need to rent it ($15 extra)?
And will you be needing fingerprint cards ($1 extra)?

A confirmation email will be sent to you when payment is received.

Class sizes will be limited based on the size of the room.

If you have any questions please drop me an email and include your phone number and best time(s) to call. It is usually easier then typing.

Also, if the dates I set are not convenient for you, please consider getting a group together. We can negotiate the date, place, and costs.

Thanks,

Bruce Jackson
NRA / BCI Certified Instructor
4permits@gmail.com

les_aker

imported post

pourshot wrote:
They have a 60 day goal, but they have been passing that based on the volume of non-resident permits.

Mine went to the USPO today. We'll see how well they do on the goal.

I'm still getting things together to do the MA non-res.