• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC report for the last week

ScorpioMk

imported post

kparker wrote:
dlnwoody,

Any time you're going to handle your handgun (or rifle, for that matter) in the store they are rightly concerned to make sure it's safe and empty before any such handling takes place.

The issue discussed here at OCDO has been more about whether they require you to disarm before entering, even if you have no intention of taking your handgun (whether OC or CC) out of its holster for any reason. That's a completely different question, and one where Cabela's, Sportsmen's Warehouse, and even WalMart all corporately have the policy of supporting whatever carry is legal within the local area (though some carriers have certainly had problems with individual untrained/uninformed managers or employees, resulting in many of the posts you can see here.)

Was approached today OC'ing at Cabelas and this is what was said "Hey, now I have no problems with you carrying at all but are you going to be looking at any accessories of any sort for your gun?" and I told him no and that it would stay in its holster during my visit and his reply was "Great, thats all I needed to know. We get some idiots taking there guns out on there own to try out different holsters and stuff or walking up to the counter, pulling it out and asking if they have anything for it" or something very close to that.

Marcus