Thread: bowl america

Post imported post

Anyone ever OC at Bowl America in Manassas?? Just wondering if I should encounter any problems out there.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

The one on Mathis Ave? There was a problem there in late 2006. I would say that open carriers are not welcome there.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

That bowl america is kind of a weird place. Never OCed there, but I think the reaction you would get would be greatly dependent of which two employees they currently have working there.

Post imported post

Maybe. It's listed on Balls Ford Rd. Went to Dale City Lanes instead. That's a place I would definitly recommendcarrying.

Post imported post

There is one on Balls Ford and on Mathis Ave, but I haven't OC'ed because I usually go w/ my coworkers and I work at one of those "we'll search your car" places. Really Soviet like, but it's a living.
    I will say that Manassas in general has gotten a lot more OC friendly these days. Please try and tell us.

Post imported post

Although I've bowled there many times, never while I OC'd. Weapon gets in the way of my swing.

Post imported post

Never tried to hit Pins with a ball only bullets.Probably would be frowned upon.

I second the Dale city location, carry required. Almost made the mistake of renting a TH behind that location (via online) when we first moved to VA.

Dodged that bullet.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

OC'd at Bowl America in Fairfax City a couple weeks ago. No problems and I bowled just as well (read: bad) as I have in the past.