• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need to see your permit...

nofoa

imported post

I hope one day people come to assume responsibility for their own safety. Weither that means CC or OC it doesn't matter. With more people openly carrying it will become no big thing. So we don't have cops wasting time and money to hassle honest and law abiding citizens.

To the trolls comment that mr.mainsail was shaking, i imagine you'd be calm as jello when last time you encountered said PO. A gun was pointed at you.

That is all i have to say about that.

You do good work Mainsail, keep it up.

Mainsail

imported post

I overheard your "politeness" to Officer Olsen, and I must admit...I don't think your mama taught you exactly what that means.

I was at all times polite. One can be firm and polite at the same time. If you choose to surrender your privacy and your privacy rights, it is certainly your prerogative to do so. I choose not to, and if I feel someone is trying to violate my privacy, I will be firm and polite.

You might want to re think your side of the story bucko..

I don’t need to rethink anything, because you weren’t the only ‘witness’ and I can review every instant of the encounter in real time whenever I want. I hope you don’t ever witness any serious crime, as you have proven unreliable as such.

I also noticed the "trembling" of your hand when you reached for your cell phone.

One doesn’t ‘reach’ for anything when talking to the police. My cell phone was in my hand the whole time.

Now, I think it's quite entertaining to listen to you people bitch about the cops questioning you as you rattle off your memorized RCW codes.

I never recited any RCWs during the encounter. If you’re talking about here in this forum, I have to wonder what it is about the law you find so disagreeable. I hope you aren’t suggesting that the police should disregard the law and just enforce whatever they want.

But I believe it was YOU sir who walked to your car (a crown Vic with tinted windows) carrying a huge weapon on your hip (are we making up in size something we are lacking else where?) Probably listening to your police scanner to see if they had mentioned you.

Yes, I walked to my car and yes it is a Crown Vic, but that was where I was going when Olsen stopped me. There wasn’t a scanner but I did have my ham radio in there, as it is one of many hobbies I enjoy and the Vic is a perfect platform for it. The pistol, a 1911 model, and the car are both of regular size; neither would be considered huge. The pistol is of the same type issued to US military units from 1911 until the mid 1980s. Your blathering would have worked better if I were driving a jacked up monster truck and carrying a 50AE Desert Eagle.

Was it something in your childhood that made you want all this attention? Does it make you feel like a cop..big and important to walk around with a gun on your hip for all the world to see? Who else finds it amusing that you emulate the people you make fun of...Cops.

Feel like a cop? No. The fire extinguisher in the cupboard next to my oven doesn’t make me feel like a fireman either. The spare tire in my trunk doesn’t make me feel like AAA either. So no, I’m not trying to emulate the police. Please point out where I have ever ‘made fun of’ the police. I have tremendous respect and admiration for the police, especially the TPD. I do have a scanner at home, and I’m very aware of the often nightmarish job that they do. I am and have always been very supportive of them. That said, I refuse to simply roll over and accept it when they act beyond their authority towards me. And no, I don’t want any attention, I want to be left alone.

Oh wait...haha..I bet your one of those people that tried with all their might to become a cop, but it was probably some morbid part of your past that stopped the process cold, like being an arrogant jerk perhaps?? Or was it rape?? Oh..I know...you touch little kid pee pee's huh? That's why now your stuck in the sad sad realization of driving around in your wanna be cop car, listening to the police scanner, hoping the people that see you with your weapon on your hip will think your a cop?....an undercover FBI agent?.....wow...I wish I could be even half as cool as that..
[/quote]

Wow, nonsense like that could get you committed to Western State. If I wanted to be a cop, I’d be one. Had you witnessed Officer Olsen’s actions last spring, you would have been stunned by his arrogance. Well, unless you are such a fool to believe that the police can do no wrong. Further, had I committed any of the crimes you speculate, I would be barred from firearms ownership and arrested on that day. As you are aware, I was not.

So let’s talk about you then. What is the reason for all this anger? I’ve done nothing to you personally, and yet you attack me even though I was acting 100% lawfully at all times. When you first saw me you could have simply asked me about my firearm instead of scurrying away like a frightened cockroach. I think the heartburn you have with free Americans exercising their rights under both the US and Washington State Constitutions is that you are, as a security guard, mission-ineffective. Would you call the police on Martin Luther King if he had the audacity to exercise his free speech rights on Museum property? Does your bright yellow shirt and pepper spray not give you the illusion of authority you had hoped they would? One gets the impression that it is actually you who wishes to be a police officer but cannot. I could speculate that your 4[suP]th[/suP] grade writing and grammar is probably one of many things holding you back. Maybe it’s just a general cowardice such as you displayed that day. It might well be any of the things you accused me of.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ("General Introduction to Psychoanalysis," S. Freud)

EDIT to add: I think I know where we should have our next lunch.

Machoduck

imported post

"I think I know where we should have our next lunch."

Indeed. I think local area need for "showing our flag" transcends convenience, not that Tacoma is inconvenient for me. Olympia was, a little, but that was the best get-together for me because of the feeling of doing something to resist tyranny (in a very small way, of course.) Do you have a specific eatery in mind?

just_a_car

imported post

FYI, the poster "divebomb" has been reported to jpierce (the admin) for potential abuses of the site's policies and possible criminal libel: RCW 9.58.010

As for eating our lunch in Tacoma, I'm not sure it really matters here, since we're dealing with a security guard, not someone of actual authority, such as a LEO. I'd almost consider doing that as giving affirmation of this person's (can I call him that?) authority and/or importance, which, to me, is almost nil.

Machoduck

imported post

Hey just_a_car,

I could care less about a rent-a-cop. What we seem to have is a wole department of cops who resent people who have the audacity to understand and then to follow the law. We have Olsen, of course, who appears to have learned very little on Ruston Way. We have Olsen's supervisor, who seemed perfectly OK with Olsen giving Mainsail a hard time, and who backed off only when their behavior was approaching actionable. And of course there's the unnamed third cop who tried to interject "hostility" into the incident, when there was none by Mainsail. It certainly seems that there are more people than guards who need the benefits of some activism in their district.

MD

just_a_car

imported post

http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm

Link fixed. For some reason it was adding a bunch of useless characters at the end that was breaking the link.

I see your point on wanting to go to Tacoma... Last lunch we had there was the BBQ in... August?

If others want Tacoma, feel free to speak up on the thread: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/8655.html

So far we have Tacoma, Old School Pizzaria in Olympia, and the Olympic Sculpture Park in Downtown (though we did downtown last time).