Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glocks anyone? ...

Post imported post

just seeing if my pics work. - David

Post imported post

Pics work and BTW, that is one SWEET collection. Love my Glocks!!!

Post imported post

+1

I love my Glocks as well!!!

Post imported post

DMB wrote:
    just seeing if my pics work. - David

HAD Glocks but traded my G37 Gap and G26 for a Kimber Pro TLE/RL II:celebrate

Post imported post

I've been thinking of getting a Glock 23 as a backup piece... Mainly because I'll have a pile of .40S&W ammo and Glock mags lying around from my Kel-Tec Sub-2000.

Post imported post

I have a Glock 37 I'm thinking about getting rid of since I got my Sig P220 now.

Post imported post

No thanks.

Post imported post

Nice collection! I'm a 1911 guy, but I have to confess that I really like my G19.

Post imported post

Awesome, I'm working on completing the .40S&W collection in OD Green.

Post imported post

i think this guy might be a glock fan.

personally i dont like them but concede they are good firearms.

Post imported post

I have a G17C, and a G21SF. I wouldn't trade them for the world. My G17C with a 33 rd. mag shoots like a full auto. I shot most .45 semi-auto's before I bought my 21sf(including the G21). The best thing about the 21sfbesides the slimmer grip is the limited recoil which allowes better grouping than the kimber 1911. Also, who can forget the 13 rd mags.

Post imported post

I know Glocks are great, dependable firearms. I bought a G22 for those reasons.

I now have sold my only Glock for a gun I can shoot well, a Sig P229.

No more Glocks for this guy. They just don't fit me.

Post imported post

Placementvs.Calibur wrote:
    I have a G17C, and a G21SF. I wouldn't trade them for the world. My G17C with a 33 rd. mag shoots like a full auto. I shot most .45 semi-auto's before I bought my 21sf(including the G21). The best thing about the 21sfbesides the slimmer grip is the limited recoil which allowes better grouping than the kimber 1911. Also, who can forget the 13 rd mags.
    My XD45Tac made me forget about G21's 13 rd mags.

Post imported post

I'm not a fan of the XD for the simple reason of it having to many safety mechanisms. I'm not sure of the XD45TAC, I shot the XD45, liked it, but to many safety's. Everyone's different, Springfeild, Kimber, S&W, all great manufacturer's just a matter of opinion.

Post imported post

I'll admit, the Glock ain't pretty. 2 of those pictured are issue weapons from my agency. It's what I have to carry, and I can't complain. For a LE weapon, it's perfect for me. Now if I had my choice, SIG. I'm a fan of a lot of handguns, with 1911's being my fav. - David

Post imported post

Here are mine:

Post imported post

Hard to go wrong with them. I have a 19C that is just plain easy to shoot & maintain.

My LE friends all also carry Glocks. I have shot most of the various models and find that for my use, this 19C is perfect for me... though I wouldn't mind owning more!

Post imported post

The G17 was the first handgun I ever fired, 14 years ago now, during my (Dutch) army service. At 25 meters, every round fired hit the target, no problem. Being a southpaw, though, I don't much care for the lack of ambidextrous controls. Sure you work around that, and I consider that acceptable in an issue weapon, but when I'm shelling out my own cash, I want a weapon that'll work for me 100%. (Which is why I went with a Smith M&P40. Yeah, yeah, "deal with the devil" fishcakes, but when one manufacturer makes a firearm that meets all my needs, and none of the others do, I'm not compromising.)

But if a Glock works for you, I'm not going to tell you you're wrong. Objectively, they're damn fine weapons, and according to the career NCOs in my unit, it was a lot easier to train troops on G17s than on the Browning Hi-Powers we had before.

Post imported post

i have glock models 17, 21, 22. most reliable and accurate guns i own.

Post imported post

jaronj wrote:
    Guess he's never had the pleasure of shooting a 1911. :celebrate

Post imported post

No thanks - I prefer steel. My one (non-Glock) polymer-frame piece came to a bad end, so I'll pass. Too traumatic to revisit. That said, I've used them and there's nothing wrong with them, as such. My objection is mostly esthetic.

-ljp

Post imported post

I don't like the trigger pull for the long length and the nasty pull, and I don't like the less than stellar accuracy of the things. However, there are plenty of cures for these complaints. For what they are, Glocks are some really good guns. Dead nuts reliable under any conditions, and cheap. If I ever get the extra money, I'd love a modified 10mm Glock.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'm a new gun owner but I Love my G19. I put 600rnds through it with one jam, and thats only because my lady was shooting it for the first time and not holding it firmly enough to allow it to cycle properly. Shot very straight from what I could tell (again, I am a new gun owner) and more over, it was just fun!

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    jaronj wrote:
    Guess he's never had the pleasure of shooting a 1911. :celebrate
    Yup, Kimber.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

About 10 years ago, I bought a Glock 23 (.40S&W). I couldn't shoot the thing worth a damn, even with the rubber wrap on the grip. Just didn't like it, so I sold it. Soon thereafter, I bought a G27. I shot that one better, but still not all that well and got rid of it, too. Then around this time last year, upon the recommendation of a of a famous gun write in one of his books, I once again bought a G23 - with night sights. This one I love and will not part with. Since then, I have bought three more Glocks; a 26, a 27, and a 19 (with night sights). I have been carrying the G27 the most, but do alternate between it and the 23 on occasion.

I also have two 1911's and a Browning Mark III-S, which of course are all single action pieces. The rest of my semi-auto pistols are DAO. What this means is that I own and enjoy a nice little collection in three distinctly different action types. That plus the guns are purpose oriented. I would not normally carry my full size Kimber or my 1911 A1 Springfield since my wants and needs along those lines are more in tune with my Glocks and my Kahrs. But those two 1911's are fine pieces, especially the modified Springfield.

Bottom line for me. There are "tool" guns and there are "pleasure" guns. And a few cross both lines. My Glocks are tools. They go bang when there are suppose to and are dead reliable as are my carry Kahrs. Otherwise I would not carry them. My pleasure guns have a little wiggle room in the reliability department since I do not strap them to my side.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast