• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glocks anyone? ...

DMB

imported post

just seeing if my pics work. - David

glocks_02661.jpg

Joe Sixpack

imported post

i think this guy might be a glock fan.

personally i dont like them but concede they are good firearms.

Placementvs.Calibur

imported post

I have a G17C, and a G21SF. I wouldn't trade them for the world. My G17C with a 33 rd. mag shoots like a full auto. I shot most .45 semi-auto's before I bought my 21sf(including the G21). The best thing about the 21sfbesides the slimmer grip is the limited recoil which allowes better grouping than the kimber 1911. Also, who can forget the 13 rd mags.:cool:

PAPACHUCK

imported post

I know Glocks are great, dependable firearms. I bought a G22 for those reasons.

I now have sold my only Glock for a gun I can shoot well, a Sig P229.

No more Glocks for this guy. They just don't fit me.

PAPACHUCK

imported post

Placementvs.Calibur wrote:
I have a G17C, and a G21SF. I wouldn't trade them for the world. My G17C with a 33 rd. mag shoots like a full auto. I shot most .45 semi-auto's before I bought my 21sf(including the G21). The best thing about the 21sfbesides the slimmer grip is the limited recoil which allowes better grouping than the kimber 1911. Also, who can forget the 13 rd mags.:cool:
My XD45Tac made me forget about G21's 13 rd mags.

Placementvs.Calibur

imported post

I'm not a fan of the XD for the simple reason of it having to many safety mechanisms. I'm not sure of the XD45TAC, I shot the XD45, liked it, but to many safety's. Everyone's different, Springfeild, Kimber, S&W, all great manufacturer's just a matter of opinion.

DMB

imported post

I'll admit, the Glock ain't pretty. 2 of those pictured are issue weapons from my agency. It's what I have to carry, and I can't complain. For a LE weapon, it's perfect for me. Now if I had my choice, SIG. I'm a fan of a lot of handguns, with 1911's being my fav. - David

Vegas_Dave

imported post

Hard to go wrong with them. I have a 19C that is just plain easy to shoot & maintain.

My LE friends all also carry Glocks. I have shot most of the various models and find that for my use, this 19C is perfect for me... though I wouldn't mind owning more!

Euromutt

imported post

The G17 was the first handgun I ever fired, 14 years ago now, during my (Dutch) army service. At 25 meters, every round fired hit the target, no problem. Being a southpaw, though, I don't much care for the lack of ambidextrous controls. Sure you work around that, and I consider that acceptable in an issue weapon, but when I'm shelling out my own cash, I want a weapon that'll work for me 100%. (Which is why I went with a Smith M&P40. Yeah, yeah, "deal with the devil" fishcakes, but when one manufacturer makes a firearm that meets all my needs, and none of the others do, I'm not compromising.)

But if a Glock works for you, I'm not going to tell you you're wrong. Objectively, they're damn fine weapons, and according to the career NCOs in my unit, it was a lot easier to train troops on G17s than on the Browning Hi-Powers we had before.

IanB

imported post

jaronj wrote:
i have glock models 17, 21, 22. most reliable and accurate guns i own.
Guess he's never had the pleasure of shooting a 1911. :celebrate