• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glocks anyone? ...

Legba

imported post

No thanks - I prefer steel. My one (non-Glock) polymer-frame piece came to a bad end, so I'll pass. Too traumatic to revisit. That said, I've used them and there's nothing wrong with them, as such. My objection is mostly esthetic.

-ljp

Michigander

imported post

I don't like the trigger pull for the long length and the nasty pull, and I don't like the less than stellar accuracy of the things. However, there are plenty of cures for these complaints. For what they are, Glocks are some really good guns. Dead nuts reliable under any conditions, and cheap. If I ever get the extra money, I'd love a modified 10mm Glock.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm a new gun owner but I Love my G19. I put 600rnds through it with one jam, and thats only because my lady was shooting it for the first time and not holding it firmly enough to allow it to cycle properly. Shot very straight from what I could tell (again, I am a new gun owner) and more over, it was just fun!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

About 10 years ago, I bought a Glock 23 (.40S&W). I couldn't shoot the thing worth a damn, even with the rubber wrap on the grip. Just didn't like it, so I sold it. Soon thereafter, I bought a G27. I shot that one better, but still not all that well and got rid of it, too. Then around this time last year, upon the recommendation of a of a famous gun write in one of his books, I once again bought a G23 - with night sights. This one I love and will not part with. Since then, I have bought three more Glocks; a 26, a 27, and a 19 (with night sights). I have been carrying the G27 the most, but do alternate between it and the 23 on occasion.

I also have two 1911's and a Browning Mark III-S, which of course are all single action pieces. The rest of my semi-auto pistols are DAO. What this means is that I own and enjoy a nice little collection in three distinctly different action types. That plus the guns are purpose oriented. I would not normally carry my full size Kimber or my 1911 A1 Springfield since my wants and needs along those lines are more in tune with my Glocks and my Kahrs. But those two 1911's are fine pieces, especially the modified Springfield.

Bottom line for me. There are "tool" guns and there are "pleasure" guns. And a few cross both lines. My Glocks are tools. They go bang when there are suppose to and are dead reliable as are my carry Kahrs. Otherwise I would not carry them. My pleasure guns have a little wiggle room in the reliability department since I do not strap them to my side.