• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas Roadhouse Erie,Pa.

Bersa45

imported post

Went to Erie,Pa. to the Texas Roadhouse for my birthday dinner and was carrying my Ruger SR9 in a paddle holster under my coat. Took my coat off and had a seat and was enjoying my dinner when the waitress came over because she knew it was my birthday because my son had told her earlier.
So. she motions me to stand up,so I did, and with my arms folded standing in the isle they did what they do for your birthday. There was 5 or 6 standing there singing and I only noticed one that actually looked at my firearm. My son said afterwards that the family in the booth behind me couldn't take there eyes off of my firearm and the family across the isle was the same way that i noticed also.
After they were done I sat back down and enjoyed the rest of my meal with my family. We always go to Erie,Pa. if we are going out for dinner because my wife and I do not like to disarm at restaurants that serve alcohol. Another good OC experience
icon_biggrin.gif

Renegade

imported post

Born and raised in dreary Erie - still miss it sometimes!

With most family still there I visit often...and carry openly 100% of the time.

Thanks for spreading the good news that OC is legal - the truth is getting around.

KBCraig

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
Being it was a Texas Roadhouse, are you sure OC wasn't outlawed in lieu of CC?
Texas Roadhouse was founded in Indiana and is headquartered in Kentucky, so OC is kosher. :D

(And yes, even here in Texas, it's one of the best steakhouses to be found.)

As for "what they do when it's your birthday"...:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

I hate it when restaurants do the happy-happy clappy-clappy sing-sing do-do. My lovely bride agrees. We married Valentine's Day 2002, and took our small wedding party to Texas Roadhouse for our "reception". My next-door neighbors happened to be eating there and spotted us, so they sicced the waitstaff on us.

Mrs. and Me looked up at the same moment and saw them coming towards us. We both thrust our hands out and yelled "NOOOOO!!!!!!" In verbal Judo, we're black belts; you could see the skid marks they left on the floor as the procession stopped.

I motioned the lead waiter over and explained: "We have an agreement: if you sing, we leave. I don't care if you get paid or not. Sing one note, and we're outta here."

This being a party of 13, and me being known as a generous tipper, I got his attention.

Then I pointed at my neighbor across the way, and suggested that they make a loud "Texas Roadhouse YEEE-HAWWW" for him, as congratulations for enjoying his first meal as a free man, having just been released after five years in the state pen.

They did it.

:celebrate