Thread: First "Encounter" With Police.

Post imported post

I OC'ed tonight (Sunday) at a Pick N' Save grocery store here in Kenosha. I selected a few items and placed them in my cart. As I was taking a last look, Iencountered a police officer. He looked at me as we were walking head on, then looked down at my holstered sidearm, looked back up,and walked right on by without saying a word. After Ichecked out, the cashier said, "You must have a special permit to carry that thing?".Right as I was starting to respond, she stated "Ohh, that (permit) is only for concealed carry, right?". After confirming that open carrying was legal, I picked up my bags and exited the store. Overall a positive experience.

Post imported post

Im glad that it was a positive "encounter." However I dout that the LEO is aware of the legality of OC and most likely assumed that you were a LEO also.

PS at least you educated the cashier.

Post imported post

Next time you OC in Kenosha and you want company let me know. I would love to make it if I can. The more the better. Good job!!

Post imported post

I dont think that the officer assumed I was law enforcement. I'm a bit out of shape, and people say that I look like I am 15 ( I am 21). I was happy in the end, because it was the first time I passed an officer who knew that I was excersizing my 2A rights.