• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

concealed backup knife

mirwin

imported post

Does anyone use a knife, as a backup, that is completely hidden and hardly ever used as a tool? I have been looking for a good backup knife that I can conceal to the back of my belt that I use for a 'last-ditch effort.' I have heard great things about www.hideawayknife.com as they offer many different methods of carry. Is anyone familiar with them? I really hope this doesn't sound like an advertisement, I am looking around for one to buy and just came across these.

tigerclaw440c.jpg

imperialism2024

imported post

It's worthwhile to check into the knife carry laws in one's state, and whether a permit/license that allows one to carry a handgun also applies to knives and other weapons.

FWIW, here in Pennsylvania there is no preemption for knife laws, so arguably it is easier to carry a gun than a knife in the state.

ETA: I do like my Ka-Bars though...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gotta like states with concealed carry weapons licenses rather than concealed firearms licenses. I do always carry a one hand open pocket knife with me. And I have had knife defense/fighting in martial arts. Because of that, I know the last thing I want to get into is a knife fight. If I have no other option I will use the knife to fight, but that will be a final line of defense.

Always run from a knife and rush a gun - (attributed to Jimmy Hoffa in a quick online search)

Placementvs.Calibur

imported post

Fixed Blades:

Check out Blackhawk.com, they've got an injection molded, concealment system for their fixed blade knives.

Folding Blades:

I recommend Kershaw with the spring assisted opening, very legal everywhere.