• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Pamphlet on CA Open Carry

oc4ever

imported post

My only point is that these pamphlets are freely distributed , even to LEO's for their information. If you were stopped 600 feet away from a school with a unloaded rifle in the front of your truck(car) , and handed this information to a local P.O., the pamphlet may confuse him into thinking you were in violation of 629.6.

He probably does not have a FBI agent in the trunk of his patrol car to arrest you on a Federal charge. Lets skip rules regarding the Federal GFSZ if your quoting 629.6 in the pamphlet. The Federal GFSZ, was discussed regarding long guns before on this forum, and believe does not apply to long guns. If it does, I stand corrected, just kindly show me the part where the federal GFSZ does, or does not exempt them.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I also wonder if you'd mind collecting relevant case law somewhere on your website. Google isn't great for finding obscure cases, so maybe making the case law more accessible will be helpful.

I have 5 cases (the most relevant ones, IMO) saved to my hard drive in either PDF or DOC formats. If you're interested, PM me and I'll e-mail them to you.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
I also wonder if you'd mind collecting relevant case law somewhere on your website. Google isn't great for finding obscure cases, so maybe making the case law more accessible will be helpful.

I have 5 cases (the most relevant ones, IMO) saved to my hard drive in either PDF or DOC formats. If you're interested, PM me and I'll e-mail them to you.
That is exactly what I am doing here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/36464.html

See the second post in that thread.

And please, if you have suggestions for additions, let me know.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
MudCamper wrote:
That is exactly what I am doing here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/36464.html

MC, still don't see the educational brochure I created. I'm beginning to think you don't like it.
Just noticed this post, after I linked it, so no, it's not that I don't like it. I just hadn't dug it up yet. Although, while you refer to it as an "educational" pamphlet, I find mine and Decoligny's to be more "educational" as they include all code and case law one needs to know, and your's is more of an inspirational, historical, and public relations type publication.

But the more the merrier. Different styles work better on different people.

coolusername2007

imported post

MudCamper wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
MudCamper wrote:

MC, still don't see the educational brochure I created. I'm beginning to think you don't like it.
Just noticed this post, after I linked it, so no, it's not that I don't like it. I just hadn't dug it up yet. Although, while you refer to it as an "educational" pamphlet, I find mine and Decoligny's to be more "educational" as they include all code and case law one needs to know, and your's is more of an inspirational, historical, and public relations type publication.

But the more the merrier. Different styles work better on different people.

Thanks for linking it. They are both educational, they are just intended for different audiences. I have no problem with you posting it as a PR brochure.

ETA: But the title is Open Carry and the 2nd Amendment.