• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lorain County

ChefW

imported post

Let me give you all a little bit of a background on me before I ask a few questions. I am a born and raised ohioan from Avon Lake but now live in delaware. I will be open carrying soon as I am going to get my XD in about 3 months after I save up. I know about all of the delaware statutes and all of that but will be moving back to ohio in about 2 months time. Does anyone OC in Lorain county or have any knowledge as to it's legality there? Also, do you know of any places off limits besides the obvious (Police stations, Govt' facilities and the like)? Thanks.

reefteach

imported post

Welcome!

Since March 2007 we have had state preemtion, so any of the local laws regarding possesion are now toilet paper. Here is the Ohio Revised Code:

9.68 Right to bear arms - challenge to law.

(A) The individual right to keep and bear arms, being a fundamental individual right that predates the United States Constitution and Ohio Constitution, and being a constitutionally protected right in every part of Ohio, the general assembly finds the need to provide uniform laws throughout the state regulating the ownership, possession, purchase, other acquisition, transport, storage, carrying, sale, or other transfer of firearms, their components, and their ammunition. Except as specifically provided by the United States Constitution, Ohio Constitution, state law, or federal law, a person, without further license, permission, restriction, delay, or process, may own, possess, purchase, sell, transfer, transport, store, or keep any firearm, part of a firearm, its components, and its ammunition.

(B) In addition to any other relief provided, the court shall award costs and reasonable attorney fees to any person, group, or entity that prevails in a challenge to an ordinance, rule, or regulation as being in conflict with this section.

(C) As used in this section:

(1) The possession, transporting, or carrying of firearms, their components, or their ammunition include, but are not limited to, the possession, transporting, or carrying, openly or concealed on a person’s person or concealed ready at hand, of firearms, their components, or their ammunition.

(2) “Firearm” has the same meaning as in section 2923.11 of the Revised Code.

(D) This section does not apply to either of the following:

(1) A zoning ordinance that regulates or prohibits the commercial sale of firearms, firearm components, or ammunition for firearms in areas zoned for residential or agricultural uses;

(2) A zoning ordinance that specifies the hours of operation or the geographic areas where the commercial sale of firearms, firearm components, or ammunition for firearms may occur, provided that the zoning ordinance is consistent with zoning ordinances for other retail establishments in the same geographic area and does not result in a de facto prohibition of the commercial sale of firearms, firearm components, or ammunition for firearms in areas zoned for commercial, retail, or industrial uses.

Effective Date: 03-14-2007
A good place to start for the laws is:

http://www.ag.state.oh.us/le/prevention/concealcarry/index.asp

ChefW

imported post

Probably rent for a little while, then buy later on. We will see though.

Attachments

• member840.png
    member840.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 153

JeKeLZ

imported post

We'll have to go shooting sometime, there is a indoor range in the south side of lorain by the steel mill that I go to all the time when you get up here.