Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Alert Guys!

Post imported post

Link: http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=343109

Summary:

Guy OC's to Movies, gets approached by a Rather rude Manager and told about a hiden No-Weapons Sign.

Puts Sidearm in Car, Goes back to Watch Movie, is "Detained" by Police, Now Facing Charges of "negligent carrying of a concealed handgun".

----------------------------------------------------

Either this is an attempted "Frame" by the Harahan LA Police (Which wouldn't suprise me), or they guy is making it up in order to Discredit OC'ers.

Not sure which myself.
    (Note: If comfortador of THR is reading, i'm not calling you a liar, just pointing out a possibility, if it's true, please say so here)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Looks like he's getting good advice about getting a lawyer.

I can't remember my log-on over there. Anybody want to invite him over here?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    I can't remember my log-on over there. Anybody want to invite him over here?

Way Ahead of you, Was typing out a PM to do so as you posted that...

Post imported post

I am nineteen and living in the greater New Orleans area.
    As Adam Savage on the Mythbusters would say, "Well there's your problem!"

I can't go to the New Orleans area ever again because if a cop would say anything to me about any type of violation I would be too tempted to say, "Isn't there a Walmart somewhere you need to be looting?"
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    I can't go to the New Orleans area ever again because if a cop would say anything to me about any type of violation I would be too tempted to say, "Isn't there a Walmart somewhere you need to be looting?"
    *Tries not to Laugh Hysterically*

Good one!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    Hahahahhahahah!

"Isn't your Mayor in enough trouble over mistreating gun owners?"

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

A tape recorder would have served him well. Hope he had one.

Post imported post

And the Topic has Allready Snagged a newly registered Anti-OC Troll...

Username: ants

Here's 3 posts they made one right after the other.

Post #22:

Just a thought...

Quote: He then informs me, somewhat rudely, that the theater has a no weapons policy. It turns out they have a smallish sign on the bottom corner of a door that I have never seen anyone use in my many years going to this theater.

Since the theater is private property, and they had a no-weapons rule (it doesn't matter that no one uses that particular door, nor that you didn't see the sign, it was posted legally) I would bet the negligent carry charge is related to trespassing. In addition, the manager called the police to complain about your violation of their policy, which leads to...

Quote: When the handgun is being carried, brandished, or displayed under circumstances that create a reasonable apprehension on the part of members of the public or a law enforcement official that a crime is being committed or is about to be committed.

The crime, of course, is trespassing. That's what you committed by entering their property with a weapon. Ask your attorney about that. Maybe he can explain better.

Post# 23:

I gotta tell ya, friend, it's a whole lot better to be smart than to be in a mess o' trouble. You didn't intend to do anything wrong, but you sure got yourself in deep. Now, that wasn't very smart, was it?

The big mistake is to misunderstand "open carry". Just because Louisiana is 'open carry' doesn't mean you can carry everywhere with impunity. You cannot carry on private property if the property owner prohibits it.
    Post # 24:

Final thought, my friend. Maybe your attorney (and I certainly hope you get what you pay for) can plea down to a very small minor violation and do some community service for the theater.
    If you get convicted on a weapons charge, you can kiss your 2nd Amendment rights goodbye.
    And you don't want to do that. So ask your attorney if there are creative alternatives to keeping your rights
    Talk about Not only Throwing the Guy under the Bus, But also attempting to "Scare Him" Into thinking OC is technically Illegal and can result in a Disquallifying Conviction.

This guy makes me sick.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

The High Road is not.

http://Louisianacarry.org is a fine organization and he should'a depended on his friends.

This is a gem that will never be seen on THR http://louisianacarry.org/articles/nature_of_system.htm

Post imported post

Eagleeye wrote:
    And the Topic has Allready Snagged a newly registered Anti-OC Troll...

Username: ants

Here's 3 posts they made one right after the other.

snip
    That guy is almost wrong enough, out of line enough and ******* enough to make me want to register just to offer him my opinion. Almost ....
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

cato wrote:
    I'm not so convinced I buy into the usefulness of tape recorders. Either LEOs are going to follow the law, and the tape recorder won't be needed; or LEOs are going to follow thier own version of the law, and in that case a missing tape recorder or one smashed on the ground isn't going to do much good.

Or am I missing something? :?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

That's why in places and/or situations where recording is legal, you OC your firearm, but CC your recorder!

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    cato wrote:
    I'm not so convinced I buy into the usefulness of tape recorders. Either LEOs are going to follow the law, and the tape recorder won't be needed; or LEOs are going to follow thier own version of the law, and in that case a missing tape recorder or one smashed on the ground isn't going to do much good.

I can think of 4 or 5 situations off the top of my head where a recorder caught bad behavior of LEOs. Sure a rogue cop might find it and destroy it, but they might not.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    SNIP I'm not so convinced I buy into the usefulness of tape recorders. Either LEOs are going to follow the law, and the tape recorder won't be needed; or LEOs are going to follow thier own version of the law, and in that case a missing tape recorder or one smashed on the ground isn't going to do much good.

There is a middle ground where the LEO doesn't follow the law, but doesn't arrest. A voice-recorder makes unavoidable evidence to back up a complaint.

Numerous non-arrestpolice contacts have been reported where a voice-recorder would have caught themisbehaving officer'swords.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    imperialism2024 wrote:
    SNIP I'm not so convinced I buy into the usefulness of tape recorders. Either LEOs are going to follow the law, and the tape recorder won't be needed; or LEOs are going to follow thier own version of the law, and in that case a missing tape recorder or one smashed on the ground isn't going to do much good.

There is a middle ground where the LEO doesn't follow the law, but doesn't arrest. A voice-recorder makes unavoidable evidence to back up a complaint.

Numerous non-arrestpolice contacts have been reported where a voice-recorder would have caught themisbehaving officer'swords.
    Fair enough. I'm guessing you're referring to the "don't open carry here again or else I'll bring you in on trumped up charges" threats and such?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
    Fair enough. I'm guessing you're referring to the "don't open carry here again or else I'll bring you in on trumped up charges" threats and such?
    Exactly. Including, but not limited to, unlawful detentions, extra-lawful ID demands, discourteous lectures against OC, etc.

Post imported post

I have a theory that in the youtube era we will find ever increasing levels of professionalism in law enforcement, but we must do our part to make it so.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    I have a theory that in the youtube era we will find ever increasing levels of professionalism in law enforcement, but we must do our part to make it so.
    I am surprised we haven't seen a wave of "anti-harassment of LEO" laws shoved in our faces yet, especially since we are expected to waive all our freedoms in the post-9/11 era. I think we will have to be vigilant to protect the First Ammendment as well once the police lobby and the legislatures get wise to this youtube phenomenon.

Post imported post

Why not? Fear of the ACLU, bless their civil liberty loving hearts.

Post imported post

Geat, the Anti-OC Crowd are swarming all over it...

Post imported post

The tide has begun to turn, Louisiana Carry got wind of it.

Start Reading at Post #81 and enjoy.

Post imported post

Howdy, folks.

Backtracked the link and found y'all talking about me. Thank you for your complimentary comments.

I wish that dude would contact me. I am hoping to maybe have a raffle to help with court costs, but he seems to be under the radar at the moment.

Anyway, hello, and keep up the good work, all. I will see about checking this forum as a part of my routine.

Oh, and for those who do not know me, I also manage this web site:

http://americanrevival.org

Post imported post

Welcome LC. WOn't find much complaining about OC here.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

LC, welcome aboard! We're a friendly bunch here and sticklers for citations...

Hope you stick around and feel free to contribute! From what I read on THR, you'll fit in perfect here!

Post imported post

Welcome!

Louisiana Carry wrote:
    I wish that dude would contact me. I am hoping to maybe have a raffle to help with court costs, but he seems to be under the radar at the moment.
    Probably hasn't been back to THR since the first Anti-OC bozo posted.

Sadly, THR has yet to Adopt the Saying of Benjamin Franklin
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

Not a good sign for the Future of RKBA i'm affraid....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast