• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Red Alert Guys!

Louisiana Carry

imported post

Howdy, folks.

Backtracked the link and found y'all talking about me. Thank you for your complimentary comments.

I wish that dude would contact me. I am hoping to maybe have a raffle to help with court costs, but he seems to be under the radar at the moment.

Anyway, hello, and keep up the good work, all. I will see about checking this forum as a part of my routine.

Oh, and for those who do not know me, I also manage this web site:

http://americanrevival.org

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LC, welcome aboard! We're a friendly bunch here and sticklers for citations...

Hope you stick around and feel free to contribute! From what I read on THR, you'll fit in perfect here!

Eagleeye

imported post

Welcome!

Louisiana Carry wrote:
I wish that dude would contact me. I am hoping to maybe have a raffle to help with court costs, but he seems to be under the radar at the moment.
Probably hasn't been back to THR since the first Anti-OC bozo posted.

Sadly, THR has yet to Adopt the Saying of Benjamin Franklin
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

Not a good sign for the Future of RKBA i'm affraid....:uhoh:

Louisiana Carry

imported post

Yes, I'm glad I found this site.

I am the lone ranger in most discussions about OC.

I can't count how many people I have been ableto invite to the range and turn on to gun issues because of OCing as an ice breaker. I am not arguing about the perceived tactical advantages/disadvantages of OC vs CCW. I am saying that there are things that are more important to me personally. I treat others with respect- I expect the same.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Most of the people here are more concerned about RKBA than how RKBA is practiced it seems. I usually CC, but OC on occasion and, like many if not most here, see pros/cons to both depending on the situation. While fighting the good fight other places in important, this may be a place you can rest and enjoy being among like minded people, LC. Not any fun to always be the lone voice.

Louisiana Carry

imported post

Not usually, but if I never stray out amongst those who do not already know, I will not turn many on (not just to OC, but to the RKBA being inviolate).

Frequently, there are many reading (and making up their minds about a subject) that never chime in. When I am the 'lone voice,' I am mainly speaking for their benefit.

Eagleeye

imported post

Update:

comfortador (Original Poster) posted again.

I had my first day in court on Monday; I waited for two hours to find out that no one had my file, and I had to speak with five or six people to find it. After all of that I pled not guilty. I guess the DA's office decided not to drop it, which makes no sense to me considering the police report explicitly states that the firearm was perfectly visible to the public. Oh well, I won't go to court again until June; I'll be sure to update everyone then.
Sounds like the DA and local PD are looking to make an "Example" out of someone if you ask me

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

If the report states that it was perfectly visible, then I don't see why the judge wouldn't throw this case out the minute he sees it. He is being charge with carrying a concealed weapon after all.

Louisiana Carry

imported post

Unfortunately, there are all too many judges that will make illegal anti-2A rulings in LA, simply because 'the mood of the court' is that open carry should be illegal. They figure an appeals court could turn it over, but most people won't/can't go through all that.

Eagleeye

imported post

Louisiana Carry wrote:
Unfortunately, there are all too many judges that will make illegal anti-2A rulings in LA, simply because 'the mood of the court' is that open carry should be illegal. They figure an appeals court could turn it over, but most people won't/can't go through all that.
Judges like that should have the NRA/GOA/JPFO etc all over them like flies on dung.

Why this does not happen is disturbing.:uhoh:

Louisiana Carry

imported post

NRA/GOA are all too busy with federal matters (at best).

JFPO is good, but they are busy also.

SAF is the best, but they are also focused more on other places.

That is why LA Carry got started, was to build a network here in the State where we have our own defense from this stuff. I am seriously thinking of going to law school myself, because trying to find a lawyer willing to buck the system for the 2A is proving well nigh impossible.

One of our goals is to get a 2A trust fund set up to cover legal costs of defending these cases and bringing suits against offending jurisdictions.

Peacemaker

imported post

Louisiana Carry wrote:
That is why LA Carry got started, was to build a network here in the State where we have our own defense from this stuff.  I am seriously thinking of going to law school myself, because trying to find a lawyer willing to buck the system for the 2A is proving well nigh impossible....

Are you familiar with a group called http://www.GeorgiaCarry.org? It was started by a couple of lawyers and has been really making excellent progress getting discriminatory gun laws and practices reversed in Georgia. I suspect that they would be a good group for your group to be in touch with.