• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need some help

Cadet Higham

imported post

Hi everybody,

In taking a Public Speaking course at the U, we were allowed to choose our topics for our final speech. I chose gun control.
I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction for research. Things like crime statistics (especially in DC), laws, and statistics of legal vs. illegal handguns used in crime.

Thanks!

Cadet Higham

imported post

I'll be giving the speech Monday night at class...

I wanted to know if anyone would be willing to give me permission to use their negative experience with LEOs as an example of ignorance towards the 2nd Constitutional Amendment and Utah Gun Laws. And I wanted permission to use some of the photos posted of the group meetings and OC photos.

I will record at least audio, post my outlines, sources and written speech, and post the powerpoint that I will be using as a visual aid.

This is going to be great... At least I hope so.